Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need volume advice please!!

• 25-03-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

I have fine hair and love if I can get a bit of volume into it, can anyone please give me tips on how to do this? Would rollers be the best thing to invest in? Would love any advice or tips you have!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Have you tried 'Big Sexy Hair' http://www.sexyhair.com/big.htm afaik you can only get it in the States but you can get it on Ebay, I find the mouse great..

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

Apply moose, then blow-dry your hair up-side down the way you usually would with a brush. Works every time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

xzanti wrote: »
    Have you tried 'Big Sexy Hair' http://www.sexyhair.com/big.htm afaik you can only get it in the States but you can get it on Ebay, I find the mouse great..

You can now get it on this UK website with free delivery for a very good price

http://www.feelunique.com/brands/sexy-hair/big-sexy-hair

I recommend the Root Pump Plus mousse:

product_15938.jpg

Use it when hair is wet and dry with a round barrelled brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭FatGirlSlim

You girlies are great, that mousse sounds fab! Does it leave your hair feeling stiff or sticky or is it grand once the hair has dried??

Defo gonna get it!!:D

You girlies are great, that mousse sounds fab! Does it leave your hair feeling stiff or sticky or is it grand once the hair has dried??

Defo gonna get it!!:D

Not at all, you put it in your hair while it's still wet and blow dry it, best way to do it, as mentioned already I think, is to bend over with your hair thrown forward if you get me, and brush towards the ground, if that makes any sense at all :D

• Advertisement

Brill gonna try order it asap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I don't get it. I must be doing something wrong.

I also have fine hair, and it's quite long, nearish the small of my back.

I towel-dry for a bit, and when it's still damp I apply volumizing mousse and blow-dry the full head upside down.

It's great for about ten minutes then it falls flat again. What gives?

liah wrote: »
    I don't get it. I must be doing something wrong.

I also have fine hair, and it's quite long, nearish the small of my back.

I towel-dry for a bit, and when it's still damp I apply volumizing mousse and blow-dry the full head upside down.

It's great for about ten minutes then it falls flat again. What gives?

It's probably too heavy if it's that long, I had the same problem, had to get it thinned out with layers.. always looked fab for about 10 minutes and then then fell on its ass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

Get some short layers in the back, comb, tease, spray, voila!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Another vote for big sexy hair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I have really fine hair it drives me mad. I have tried everything and what works for me is:

- John Frieda volumising shampoo
    - LA science thickening shampoo (pricey but lasts ages)
    - Tigi Catwalk thickening shampoo & conditioner
    - Elnett volumising hair spray havent a clue how this works but its brilliant!
    - Tigi Queen for a day spray
    - Tigi big and bigger

The last two kinda make your hair a bit sticky the next day but are brilliant for a night out. I wash and condition, apply those, blow dry in and then stick velcro rollers in the top of my hair and spray the hair spray.
    ETA: if you have really long hair liah get some layers cut into the back my hairdresser does a few subtle ones they are only a few inches shorter than the rest of my hair but it makes a difference!

Have not tried big sexy hair myself as couldnt get it over here - does that website deliver to here? I'd give it a go if its worked for people

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭islander35

Label M Resurrection Dust |(from Toni and Guy or internet) and Lee Stafford dust called fat something (small pink tub, from Boots) are really good!! Powders that you rub into your roots (feels kinda chalky) give great volume!! Heard dry shampoo is good for this too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

You can now get it on this UK website with free delivery for a very good price

http://www.feelunique.com/brands/sex.../big-sexy-hair

I tried to buy this but it said 'UK delivery only', has anyone got stuff off them before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Proceeded to checkout anyway and got this message "We're very sorry but due to postal restrictions we are not able to send Sexy Hair - Big Sexy Hair - Root Pump Plus 300ml outside of the UK"

Anywhere else to buy it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Recent legislation means they cannot sell aerosols to ireland :( I had the same problem trying to buy some tigi products that were aerosols online. Its really annoying!.

Found the answer! http://www.feelunique.com/search?q=big+sexy+hair&enter=

They are new affiliates for beaut.ie! It's around 10 euro for it delivered it says! And beaut.ie have further 5% discount, just put in BEAUTIE at the checkout, going to order this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I already have layered hair, though. My shortest layers come just around the "bump" of my skull (you know, the part where the back of your head starts to meet the soft part of your neck? around ear-level?), then there's some more between there and the bottom.

I also really can't afford to get a hair cut, so I'm kind of stuck. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blue8439

I would reccomend the Kerastase paris products,They are brilliant! They have one for every type of hair. In the Resistance range, which is great for fine hair they have bain volumactive (volumising shampoo), Lait/masque volumactive (volumising conditioners and treatments), Mousse/spray Volumactive (volumising mousse and spray for blowdrying).

They are what the top salons like peter mark use so they are a quite pricey so I only use mine when I am going out or for a special occasion and they work great alongside drying my hair upside down :D I don't have fine hair so I buy the ones for coloured hair but my mam has fine hair and she uses the volumactive range and she finds it great. Here's a link to their website http://www.kerastase.co.uk/products/resistance/for-fine-fly-away-hair.aspx

Advertisement