Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Euro 2012 Qualifying Campaign Fixtures

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When are they printing the full fixture list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

BaZmO* wrote: »
    When are they printing the full fixture list?

AFAIR the fixtures are being decided by a draw at the UEFA Annual Congress on March 25th in Tel Aviv, Israel. So it might be the case that they have not all been determined yet

From twitter

http://twitter.com/JohnWRiordan

Sept 2010 Armenia (a) Andorra (h);
    Oct 2010 Russia (h) Slovakia (a);
    Mar 2011 Macedonia (h);
    June 2011 Mac (a);
    Sept 2011 Slovakia (h) Russia (a);
    Oct 2011 Andorra (a) Armenia (h)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

AFAIR the fixtures are being decided by a draw at the UEFA Annual Congress on March 25th in Tel Aviv, Israel. So it might be the case that they have not all been determined yet

That would be today, weren't they doing the draw as you posted?

UEFA EURO 2012 Championship - Group B Fixtures

Armenia (A) Friday, 3 September, 2010

Andorra (H) Tuesday, 7 September, 2010

Russia (H) Friday, 8 October, 2010

Slovakia (A) Tuesday, 12 October, 2010

Macedonia (H) Saturday, 26 March, 2011

Macedonia (A) Saturday, 4 June, 2011

Slovakia (H) Friday, 2 September, 2011

Russia (A), Tuesday, 6 September, 2011

Andorra (A) Friday, 7 October, 2011

Armenia (H) Tuesday, 11 October, 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Friday, 3 September 2010
    Armenia vs Republic of Ireland

Tuesday, 7 September 2010
    Republic of Ireland vs Andorra

Friday, 8 October 2010
    Republic of Ireland vs Russia

Tuesday, 12 October 2010
    Slovakia vs Republic of Ireland

Saturday, 26 March 2011
    Republic of Ireland vs FYR Macedonia

Saturday, 4 June 2011
    FYR Macedonia vs Republic of Ireland

Friday, 2 September 2011
    Republic of Ireland vs Slovakia

Tuesday, 6 September 2011
    Russia vs Republic of Ireland

Friday, 7 October 2011
    Andorra vs Republic of Ireland

Tuesday, 11 October 2011
    Republic of Ireland vs Armenia

Not good all the double headers (i.e Friday followed by Tuesday fixtures etc) are split home and away. I know they wanted to avoid that due to travel arrangements as well as cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

From twitter

Mar 2011 Macedonia (h);
    June 2011 Mac (a);
    Sept 2011 Slovakia (h) Russia (h);

Russia at home twice? Yeay!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

What's the story with the Friday/Tuesday matches this time. What was wrong with Saturday/Wednesday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

From twitter

Mar 2011 Macedonia (h);
    June 2011 Mac (a);
    Sept 2011 Slovakia (h) Russia (h);

awesome we get to play Russia at home twice. :pac:

considering it seems the second one is the away one we are definitley giving ourselves the fixturess where by our early results should put us atleast competing for yhe group by the time Sept comes around. Or atleast that would be the hope

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Russia at home twice? Yeay!

Oops just a copy and paste job, did not read it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Spud83 wrote: »
    Not good all the double headers (i.e Friday followed by Tuesday fixtures etc) are split home and away. I know they wanted to avoid that due to travel arrangements as well as cost.

Slovakia and Russia twice in the same week twice as well isn't good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

October is the key month - Russia at home followed by Slovakia away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I am pleased with that draw. I think we done well.

redout wrote: »
    I am pleased with that draw. I think we done well.

I would have preferred the double headers to be Slovakia/Russia with Armenia/Andorra as opposed to Slovakia and Russia together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

October 2010 is the stand out time period there. We will have a good indication of what will happen after those 2 games.

Realistically to have any hope of qualification we need to be going into the home game against Russia with 6 points already in the bag.

If we are still unbeaten after playing Slovakia away we will have made a good start. Handy that we play Macedonia 2 games in a row, hopefully no more "i had a macedonia" bibs will appear after that.

A repeat of October 2010 happens in September 2011 obviously with the fixtures reversed, so with October 2010 these groups of matches will obviosuly decide our faith.

Will be interesting to see how the others fixtures pan out, it would be great going into the last pair of fixtures knowing maximum points would take us through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Dream draw IMO. Easy six points to start with and Russia won't be cold in September so that's a big positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Frisbee wrote: »
    I would have preferred the double headers to be Slovakia/Russia with Armenia/Andorra as opposed to Slovakia and Russia together.

I am happy we dont have Russia or Slovakia away in the final round of games. It gives us a great opportunity to pick up 6 points which could prove valuable in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Daysha wrote: »
    What's the story with the Friday/Tuesday matches this time. What was wrong with Saturday/Wednesday?

They changed the fixtures from Wed to Tues to give players more time to get back to their club. A lot of players were only returning back on fridays evenings due to travel etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmmm I may do a trip to Andorra. Be quality to go to the game then on the tear that Friday night.

Make a weekend of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

redout wrote: »
    I am happy we dont have Russia or Slovakia away in the final round of games. It gives us a great opportunity to pick up 6 points which could prove valuable in the end.

Russia playing away to Slovakia during those final matchdays two. So we will gain points on at least one of them if need be.

Full list: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/EuroExperience/competitions/Draws/01/46/80/13/1468013_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmmm I may do a trip to Andorra. Be quality to go to the game then on the tear that Friday night.

Make a weekend of it.

Some round trip man.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Some round trip man.

Not from Dublin it's not ;)

Not from Dublin it's not ;)

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Make a weekend of it.

Assuming they actually paly it in Andorra and not the barcelona Olympic stadium...? (Still a good weekend, though!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Assuming they actually paly it in Andorra and not the barcelona Olympic stadium...? (Still a good weekend, though!)

Either or tbh. Ryanair over, rent a car between a few lads, fly back the Sunday.

A weekend in Barca aint to be sniffed at either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pretty pleased with it kind glad we got Russia at home first cause IF we we beat them and we are ahead of them come the away fixture think we get result out there,

Not as easy group as what people think but if we can take 10 points going into 2011 that be decent start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I seem to be the only one who thinks we got dealt a bad hand here. We play Russia and Slovakia in double headers on two occasions and they are likely to be the toughest contenders.
    Russia (H) Friday, 8 October, 2010

Slovakia (A) Tuesday, 12 October, 2010
    Slovakia (H) Friday, 2 September, 2011

Russia (A), Tuesday, 6 September, 2011

They are going to be very tough indeed. Factor in the travel into those encounters.

We will really need 9 pts from the first 3 games imo to stand a serious chance of qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Anybody going to go to Yerevan?
    I want to go to bratislava, is it alright to book flights or could the fixture be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

We can change those friday night games to saturdays if we can agree it with the others in the group! But to be honest cant see them bothering as they seem to be pretty ok ! Quite happy with the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

EI111 wrote: »
    Anybody going to go to Yerevan?
    I want to go to bratislava, is it alright to book flights or could the fixture be changed?

Dont think it will be in Bratislava. AFAIK, the staium is being redevloped and wont be ready until late next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Flights booked for Slovakia already :D

Advertisement