Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over The Rainbow

Options
  • 25-03-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭

Page 3 model Amy Diamond will be among the contestants competing for the role of Dorothy on new BBC One reality show Over The Rainbow.

The glamour girl has reached the top 20 stage of the West End talent competition and is vying for a spot in the final 11, according to The Sun.

On the show head judge Andrew Lloyd Webber apparently expresses doubts about Diamond's suitability for the part, which was made famous by Judy Garland. However, she is still put through to the next stage of the competition after impressing panelists John Partridge and Charlotte Church.

Diamond, 22, previously appeared on BBC Three series Glamour Girls and has dated ex-Hollyoaks actor Chris Fountain for two years.

Over The Rainbow stars on Friday at 9pm on BBC One.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TV3 are showing this also starts tonight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I like the fact the auditions are only shown over one night, then it's off to the live shows. Programmes like X Factor drag out the auditions process waaay too long I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The auditions in X Factor are the best part..... :)

Mr E wrote: »
    The auditions in X Factor are the best part..... :)
    I used to really like them until they went with the live audience like 'Britain's Got Talent.' The lack of embarrassing silence or people being booted out by the burly bald security guard ruined them for me. :(

I'm liking the end of 'Over The Rainbow' with the girl flying off sitting on a moon.. It's musical theatre cheese at it's best! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Just seeing Andrew Lloyd Webber sitting on that big chair like he's god makes me so mad that I........ change channel.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Hate the way they have to hand over their shoes at the end, it's a bit much even for musical theatre. Not sure if any of them look like 12 year old girls from Kansas either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

It is really cheesy and melodramatic but that must sum up me coz I gotta admit, I'm always welling up at the end! :o Been totally sucked in by this show, it's my new fave. Hope Steph wins (coz I've money on her!) but think Stephanie will. She's the one that looks the part most too.

Yeah, I think Stephanie is the one that most looks the traditional type Dorothy.
    I love the cheesy ending- and do you notice the shoes hang on the wall behind where ALW sits in the live shows? I think the girls do the end song on the moon brilliantly- with such composure. Takes a lot of guts. :)

I'm glad Emilie's finally gone. She just didn't have as strong a voice as the others. And that huge gap in her teeth was all I could ever see when watching her! :rolleyes:
    Sophie and Jessica to go next hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alex.C

I'm devastated for Stephanie, there was something special about her, she was my fave for Dorothy. I'm sure she'll move on to bigger better things herself. Lauren's my next choice for Dorothy, another true star!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

MelanieC wrote: »
    Hope Steph wins (coz I've money on her!) but think Stephanie will. She's the one that looks the part most too.

Such a shock that Stephanie is out, (she was one of our faves too), so we now have Lauren & Danielle as our top two, with Jessica as an outside bet!

Really Great show :)

Can't believe Stephanie is out, I really thought she was going to win the whole thing. Was shocked when Andrew saved Steph over her tbh. Just goes to show you can't call it.
    Like I said before, I'm rooting for Steph (or Jenny) for mercenary reasons but I reckon it's gonna be Danielle or Lauren (she was fantastic the other night). Don't like Jessica and Sophie. Fingers crossed they will go in the double elimination next Saturday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

There's been quite a few shocks in it as regards who is gets voted into the bottom two! Loved the Lady Gaga mashup and the song with Charlotte as well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

MelanieC wrote: »
    Can't believe Stephanie is out, I really thought she was going to win the whole thing. Was shocked when Andrew saved Steph over her tbh. Just goes to show you can't call it.
    Like I said before, I'm rooting for Steph (or Jenny) for mercenary reasons but I reckon it's gonna be Danielle or Lauren (she was fantastic the other night). Don't like Jessica and Sophie. Fingers crossed they will go in the double elimination next Saturday.

Mam tipped Steph from the beginning as well, I can't stand Sophie, Jessica tends to over do the facial expressions at times

I really like Jenny, think she might go all the way, but the public vote has been really weird some weeks. Has there been any week that the Lord didn't go by the public vote of who was the lowest?

Jenny and Lauren in th first sing off of the elimination, Lauren saved. Jenny was a bit at sea with in a scene with Toto, Toto ended up escaping from her, and that was the main reason that she went over Lauren.

There will be a second elimination tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'd say Sophie and Jessica are in the bottom two tonight and Sophie will probably go. Hope Steph stays!

I think Lauren might be the one that will go

Danielle and Jessica in the sing off - first time that Jessica has been in the bottom two! If it were down to viewers votes, Jessica would have been out

Jessica out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Well I was wrong :o I like the girls who are left though. Don't know who's going to win, it could be any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Thank God Jessica's gone, she just wasn't right for Dorothy. I'm thinking it'll be Lauren who gets it.

• Advertisement

I really like Sophie- she seems lovely and is always very funny miming along with the sing-offs! I think Graham completely jinxed Jessica- "so Jessica, you've never been in the bottom two" and within ten minutes she was out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Alicat wrote: »
    Thank God Jessica's gone, she just wasn't right for Dorothy. I'm thinking it'll be Lauren who gets it.

We loved Jessica, and we agree with you about her not being right for the role of 'Dorothy'. but we think she will be a Star on the West End Stage! Lauren has been the obvious choice for several weeks now, but I wonder will Mr LW go for another girl with less experience, like Danielle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alex.C

I do like Danielle but she doesn't have the range or strength of Lauren's voice and even if Lauren is the obvious winner, I still want her to get it, I think she's the deserving winner!

Is it the public who decide the winner in the end? How long does ALW have the casting vote for, down as far as the final two?
    Can't believe Sophie is still there, she does have a nice voice but just is not as strong as the others. Still, she has the whole of Wales voting for her so could do it.
    COME ON STEPH!!!!

Its hard to call who will win it, the public voting has been all over the place, girls you would think that should be safe aren't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

lauren ( although incredibly professional ) is a bit of a cold fish , i want steph to win , its between those two IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd love Danielle to win it, but I wouldn't mind Steph either. I really dislike Lauren, she's far too cocky and thinks she has it in the bag. She probably does but her attitude does not become her. The judges seem to be rooting for Lauren, especially Charlotte Church.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I Just don't like Lauren or Danielle, Lauren was too cocky from the start and I think Danielle has gotten a bit up herself in the last few shows too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

lizt wrote: »
    I'd love Danielle to win it, but I wouldn't mind Steph either. I really dislike Lauren, she's far too cocky and thinks she has it in the bag. She probably does but her attitude does not become her. The judges seem to be rooting for Lauren, especially Charlotte Church.

always got the impression that charlotte church was rooting for her fellow welshy , sophie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

irishh_bob wrote: »
    always got the impression that charlotte church was rooting for her fellow welshy , sophie

No I think she's rooting for Lauren. The judges were asked at the second elimination last week something like what should the public think about when voting and she responded, I don't know but I know we're not ready to lose Lauren yet.

Advertisement