Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway Walk

Options
  • 25-03-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know the distance of that old railway walk down around Mahon / Blackrock? I'm doing a little bit of training for a stage of the Marathon and this would seem to be a decent route to use, I'm hoping it's about a 5 mile(ish) distance.
    I started at the Rochestown Road entrance, walked the railwayline to Pairc Ui Caoimh, back down the Marina past Blackrock castle, continued past the new apartments/houses at Jacobs Island and finished where I started.

Does anyone know what this is in miles/kilometers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not sure how much it is exactly but you can use http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ to measure out the distance. If you use the OSM view, you can see the railway route marked out as a red dotted line on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

You can incorporate that into a circular 6 mile run to and from the marina. if you search for it on mapmyrun, all will be revealed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Thanks all for your help, that's exactly what I needed know. Now I just need to train up to run it rather than walk it.

Thanks again.:)

Advertisement