Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant in Maynooth or Leixlip for tonight?

Options
  • 25-03-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a really nice one in either of these two areas? Pref Italian.

Just looking for somewhere that will seat 4 and have left things to the last minute. :confused:

Answers on a postcard... :pac:

Pleeeeze :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Alvitos in Leixlip is very good

http://www.alvitos.ie

Very reasonable and excellent food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

thanks for that it seems really nice. 360 tour and all, I like :)

Looks ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

yeah alvitos is nice... also da vincis which is run by the same crowd... I've heard donatellos in Maynooth is also good... Haven't been tho so I'd go for alvitos if I were you :D

You were a post virgin before this, phew... That was a long time coming :pac:

Booked and all though and just getting ready, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Let us know, how you got on will you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Stonehaven in Maynooth or Leixlip House Hotel in, well, Leixlip :D both highly recommended..

Sorry if it's a bit late ;)

Yeah sure.

Well didn't enjoy the rain as got train to Confey from Ashtown to meet. That aside the place seemed nice. Was right beside the kitchen area, liked the idea of open plan for us to see but bit on the loud side, would have preferred to be back a bit.

Satrter was gorgous, really liked their signature bruchetta, goats cheese on top, yummy. Had a pasta dish for main, with chicken and fungi. I felt there was too much salt in it to be honest but still ate it. Desert then bonoffi, presentation wasn't great, came in a small glass but the taste was the same and enjoyed it mostly.

The dinner combined with the wine caught up with me after and even got sick when I arrived home.

The others all enjoyed everything so i suppose I was unfortunate .

Nice place though and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Vickysg24 wrote: »
    yeah alvitos is nice... also da vincis which is run by the same crowd... I've heard donatellos in Maynooth is also good... Haven't been tho so I'd go for alvitos if I were you :D

Owned by the same crowd but Alvitos has been franchised out to a chef from Leixlip who has brought his own menu & ideas to the place. The early bird menu is very nice and easy on the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Unfortunately have to say that Ive always found Al Vitos in the past to be rather bland and unsatisfactory especially on a value for euro basis .DaVincis is somewhere Id be on a possibly more than monthly basis.Its legendary for the kids/family with free colouring/toys/balloons and the pizza dough ball for them Havent been in AlVitos in the last year or so ...Might check out the menu, passing by, since its under new management .But after three or four visits over the years always got the impression it was just all style and no substance ...bit like La Banca in Lucan,the Stonehaven in Maynooth and especially the one on the corner near Tesco, Main Street Maynooth .
    Now dont think this guy is more interested in crayons than goats cheese Ive tried most of the local places and would much prefer the likes of Greenes in Maynooth if I wanted something a bit nicer -even DaVincis is well able to put up an expensive , quality evening meal if thats what youre after.
    For something spectacular, but recently greatly increased in price alas, the Lebanese multi course tasting menu special is hard to best at the restaurant in Weston Aerodrome.I think its 37 euro each for a minimum of two and no that doesnt include wine!(or coffee even) I remember getting it one and being awestruck and stuffed by the array of delights,eating for what seemed like hours .Imagine my surprise when the waiter came out and asked if we were ready for our main courses !!!

Advertisement