Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no notice of annual review

Options
  • 25-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

as the title says i was given no notice of my annual review. i was just asked to step into office one day and told this is your review. some stuff cropped up that i didnt feel was fair but had no examples to counteract when i hadnt got any notice. is this fair or legal? should i not be given a reasonable amoutn of notice? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

For any review you should be given a copy of the written review before hand with sufficient time to read it before the review itself.

However since its already happened there isn't a lot you can do.
    What you can do is come up a list of rebuttals and present them to your boss saying that since you weren't given time to prepare properly you didn't have the data to hand but that you would like it added to the written record of the review now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

nonotice wrote:
    fair or legal?

Fair? No. Legal? I very much doubt there is legislation surrounding how a business conducts performance reviews.

Were you at least given a copy in the meeting itself?

Advertisement