If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newb request

Options
  • 25-03-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking at your receivers that you have on special and I want one! But, I have no idea what I am doing in all honesty. I want to get on to the surround sound ladder as it were but I don't know what's good and whats not...

Maybe you could put something together for me at around the €500 mark? perferably something on special at the moment ;)

I leave my fate in your hands.

Thanks,

d

EDIT: I should probably put more detail in as to what I want/need... I just want sound at the moment. No bluray player etc (have a ps3 for that at the moment). I assume that means just speaker kit and receiver, but like I said above, I'm really not sure. I have kept an eye on this sub forum for a while though, and you always seem to do the best by us boardsies so that's why I thought I would try you's first :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey d31b0y.

One of your best options woudl be to have a look at the following kit:

Pioneer VSx819 priced at £229.95 / 269.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=3&sub=24&productid=966&c=1

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack (Limited Boardie Special Price) £299.95 / 349.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=100&ProductID=954

Or you could throw your eye over the Pioneer deal we have running at the moment:

Pioneer DCS585

This is a really nice one box 5.1 DVD Home Cinema system with HDMI out and USB input - it has a pretty unique speaker setup as you can use it either as a 2.1 or a 5.1 speaker system see details here:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...585/index.html

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=5566

This system did retail at £329.95 - the cheapest I can find it anywhere new, boxed is £279.95 - I can do it on a Boardies exclusive at just £229.95 / €269.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hey d31b0y.

One of your best options woudl be to have a look at the following kit:

Pioneer VSx819 priced at £229.95 / 269.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=3&sub=24&productid=966&c=1

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack (Limited Boardie Special Price) £299.95 / 349.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=100&ProductID=954

This looks good. It's slightly over my limit though. Will this be the final price including delivery? If it is, I will see if the funds can stretch :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I could have the two items delivered to you at that price to help ease your stretching budget ;)

Let me know what you think.

Ahhh.... feck it. I'll do it. Seems like a good deal to me.
    I need a new power outlet now though. Not enough space on my 4 plug. Do you have any of these? Would you be able to price one up for me and add to the package?

Hi guys, thanks for the setup. It's a great system.

Just one thing though... I never got my 6 way mains pack. Don't need it anymore mind you. In fact I'm not even sure if I was charged for it (you might be able to check?).

Thanks all,

d

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

d31b0y wrote: »
    Hi guys, thanks for the setup. It's a great system.

Just one thing though... I never got my 6 way mains pack. Don't need it anymore mind you. In fact I'm not even sure if I was charged for it (you might be able to check?).

Thanks all,

d

Apologies for that and great to hear you are enjoying your Pioneer BC FS500 (Still available on a Boardie special at just £299.95) - I have checked your account and you were not charged for the 6 way mains board - give us a shout if you still need one and we will get one out to you.

Thansk again and keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.