Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Burgled in daylight in Renmore

Options
  • 25-03-2010 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Just had the boys in blue out to ask a few Q's regarding a robbery which took place in a neighbours house today between 12-2pm in broad daylight.

There seems to be a spate of robberies taking place in recent weeks, so be extra vigilent with locking windows and doors lately (if it's any help at all that is!)

Shocking to think that your house isn't safe even during the daytime now..

Be careful folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Thanks for the heads up, though I was always under the impression that a lot of burglaries occurred during daytime hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Spotted something awful today, was standing at the window rocking himself when I saw a van pull up across the road. 2 children got out and took it in turns knocking on doors, then proceeded to look in windows when no reply came. Nobody answered across the road, most people here work during the day, bar one neighbour, a nurse who is on nights. She said they seemed to be having a good nose out the front and claims one went around the back...Could they be looking for easy houses to break into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A van you say.
    Now who do we know that travels by van?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Ya I think most burglaries occur during the day. A common one is when the person in the house during the day leaves to pick up kids from school, I think because its a 20 minute run a lot of the time they leave doors and windows open.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Spotted something awful today, was standing at the window rocking himself when I saw a van pull up across the road. 2 children got out and took it in turns knocking on doors, then proceeded to look in windows when no reply came. Nobody answered across the road, most people here work during the day, bar one neighbour, a nurse who is on nights. She said they seemed to be having a good nose out the front and claims one went around the back...Could they be looking for easy houses to break into?

Could be. Kids would look less conspicuous snooping around than adults, I suppose.

Where abouts in Renmore was it, out of interest? Can't say I've noticed anything out of the ordinary myself but thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What street in Renmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

mikom wrote: »
    A van you say.

Now don't be blaming the postal service, they're not all slackers!

inisboffin wrote: »
    Now don't be blaming the postal service, they're not all slackers!

inisboffin, I love your use of rhyming slang.

The day before my parent's house was burgled a few years ago (8 miles from town) some people had been in the village knocking on doors offering to sell gates or something.

The same people came back the next day doing the same thing and were told to get out by someone who answered the door both days.

Unfortunately they only went as far as our house.

They were religious and put a small statue of the sacred heart lying face down - if the statue can't see the ten commandments don't apply it seems.

Guards took fingerprints and talked to the neighbours etc but no one was arrested.

If they come back tomorrow call the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

itt: renmore burglaries shock people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

A van you say.

And the kids aren't forced to go to school...hhhmmmmm:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

They use the children to get into the little windows people keep open. It's amazing the size of the windows they squeeze through. happened to a friend of mine. They couldn't figure out how someone got through the small window that had been left open in the porch, until they printed and found kids prints there.

Always answer your door if someone calls during the day, the last thing you want is someone breaking in while you are in bed with them thinking nonbody home.

inisboffin, I love your use of rhyming slang.
    :rolleyes:

emm, notsomuch..

In other news, a few months ago, the little Sh*ts 5 doors down who are forced to go to school, and live in a 'nice' house, went on the mitch from their (nice uniformed) school, broke into an older neighbour's house while he was in hospital, took cash, booze, and defecated in the corner. They didn't come in a
    van, but their uncle does own a boat, so that must be it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Shite, I live in Renmore nooooooooooooooooo im next.

Ah no, but in all seriousness there are a couple of daylight robbers about, next door neighbours got robbed during the day aswell a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Get a dag. Not a dog a dag.

So a det. told people who were broken into about 8miles from Galway, while they were asleep upstairs.

401937203_bf34820c74.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A van you say.
    Colm Meany!
    97L0029_lg_2_Colm-Meaney.jpg

Btw, don't turn this into a knacker bashing thread please just because a van was mentioned. It's pointless, borderline racist and will only cause lockage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Magnus wrote: »
    Colm Meany!
    97L0029_lg_2_Colm-Meaney.jpg

Btw, don't turn this into a knacker bashing thread please just because a van was mentioned. It's pointless, borderline racist and will only cause lockage
    You started it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TrevorNelson

Our apartment was broken into in the middle of January. It happened between 11am ans 5pm. They cleared the place out of all electrical stuff, incl our 42inch tv. Even the cops were surprised that they took so much. They broke the glass in the patio door, that's how they got in. Surprisingly nobody has seen or heard anything.

I don't even have any advice cause we were always very careful. I guess, get a contents insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What happened when you called the guards, and reported it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

We need to change the entrapment laws & have a few nice tempting houses full of kit with a window open. That way they will never know if it is a trap or not.

I have to leave a small window open to stop my dogs getting too hot but I have a heavy wire screen blocking the gap.

Many of these guys will knock first to check if anyone is in. Always call the guards if you answer the door & the person doesn't seem genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

RubyBlu wrote: »
    They use the children to get into the little windows people keep open. It's amazing the size of the windows they squeeze through. happened to a friend of mine. They couldn't figure out how someone got through the small window that had been left open in the porch, until they printed and found kids prints there.

Always answer your door if someone calls during the day, the last thing you want is someone breaking in while you are in bed with them thinking nonbody home.

I was locked out of my house a few weeks ago and managed to squeeze thru the kitchen window which was only about 12 inches when shut but obviously was wider when open......
    My point is that I'm 35 with 4 kids but if I managed to get thru well then other perpatrators other than children could!!!
    It copped me on and we never leave the top of the windows open downstairs from then on!!!!

In fairness tho', it left me with a nice bruise on my big fat auld hip:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Magnus wrote: »

Shouldn't that be "Btw, don't turn this into an itinerant bashing thread" or are we talking about Dublin people?

'itinerant' is pretty much just as derogatory a term btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Ok maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the van. Boys in blue could not have cared less even though when I rang them they were still in the estate so could have easily come up and asked them their business. And for the record...these people did not look Irish, not intending on a bashing but I'd say mobile communities from other countries might also be using vans. Surely vans are easier to transport goods with full stop?

Ok maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the van.

Why?

Why?

It's the world we live in.

When describing anyone you are not allowed to mention race, sex, creed, or any item or accessory which may be linked to a minority group.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Sadly the one crime where Galway is becoming as bad as the bigger cities in Ireland is a crime that affects us all.Every week in the city tribune and sentinel im reading about a burglary.I suppose it's because of the recesion and that more people are starting to use hard drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    It's the world we live in.

When describing anyone you are not allowed to mention race, sex, creed, or any item or accessory which may be linked to a minority group.

vans are exclusively the preserve of minority groups now?

Yep..... commercial motor tax holders.

• Advertisement

Yes because the words "which may be linked" translates directly to "exclusive".

Advertisement