Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My clio is sounding like an low flying aircraft

• 25-03-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I have a 99 renault clio that has had too many problems to mention and before you say it I am looking for a car...

so anyway the latest problem of my downtrodden clio is that lately its gotten very noisy while I'm driving...kind of like a low flying airplane. especially when I'm doing about 80 - 100kmph ...its fairly nerve wracking considering the problems I've had with it before..Its broken my heart :(

Any ideas ? could it be the oil or is it time to put the thing down and look for a loan to buy a decent one...it passed the NCT about a few months ago so it seemed to be working fine. I know its not the exhaust btw because that was a problem before so I know if it was the same ( got a new exhaust about 4 or 5 months ago)
    Help please :(

Comments

Have you checked the engine oil level. Also have a look at the airbox and connection of same to the inlet, if all is not right the engine could be sucking in air at the throttle body which would make induction noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

when you say you got a new exhaust,was it just a back box or was the whole exhaust system replaced....

cause that sort of noise is usually from a hole in the exhaust soemwhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭m-a-i-

brand new exhaust as well as brand new battery and alternator in the last 6 months.

Thanks Roverjames. I'll take a look at that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

My sister has the same car with the same noise, it's one of the wheel bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭m-a-i-

:( eugh wheel bearings...had that problem before...it might be that although would I notice a pulling on the wheel ?

I also got new brake pads in the last 10 months...I guess I haven't gotten rid of it becuase the money I spent on the stupid thing ..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

m-a-i- wrote: »
    :( eugh wheel bearings...had that problem before...it might be that although would I notice a pulling on the wheel ?

I also got new brake pads in the last 10 months...I guess I haven't gotten rid of it becuase the money I spent on the stupid thing ..

Easiest way to find out is to bring it to a garage for a quick look from a mechanic.

Advertisement