Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands Softball

Options
  • 25-03-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Are you intersted in trying a new activity or sport why not try Softball. Softball is a unique and social sport for players of all ages, genders and abilities. It caters for every level and standard of player from those wanting a recreational knock around to those wishing to compete at the highest level of international competition. Teams of 10 are made up of 5 men and 5 women. Its similar to both Rounders and Baseball and anybody with even basic eye hand co-ordination can play it.
    The aim would be to get an open day organised and if interested Turn Up and give it a try. This will primarily be a social team so please dont let being unfit put you off. If you would like more information feel free to PM me or alternatively check out www.softball.ie .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

Sounds interesting. When you know when and where the open day is on, please post up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

I'm interested

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

Hi Folks,

Thanks to all who have expressed an interest apologies for my delay getting back to you all but as the new season has just begun its a tad hectic at present.
    I am proposing to have a meet-up for everybody to get to know one another. Also we can discuss training and the open day on the night and a possible friendly for training purposes in a few weeks with a club i play with in Dublin.

Meeting 8.30 pm on Friday the 14th May, Kavanaghs Bar, Main Street Portlaoise. Please come along and check us out and bring a friend too. Anybody from 16-65 can play softball so don't feel you won't fit in.

Thanks
    Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Any ideas yet on when and where games and practices would be held?

That needs to be discussed this friday at the meeting, there won't be games if people don't attend as we need to register. Anybody interested needs to attend friday 14th in Kavanaghs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Is there a registration fee? If so, how much?

As i said in the post yesterday all of this needs to be discussed, if there's not enough people at the meeting Friday night there most likely will be no Team so if you can attend do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 berlingo

Im interested in this but had to work Friday night..... I might add I know someone that actually makes hurls and softball bats for living!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Hi Publicdiservice

Just wondering how the meeting went on Friday. Did many turn up?

Unfortunately turnout was very low, 3 to be specific. A couple of people had contacted me to say they couldn't make it but realistically there are not enough to make starting a team a runner, this season anyway.
    Thanks to those of you that contacted to say you could not attend and those who did attend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

CRAP! - I tought it was tomorrow (26th) for some reason!!! Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

Hi. Can I ask what the current situation is on this

The situation was that due to such a low turnout at the meeting we couldn't proceed. There's a lot to sort to get a team off the ground, need to get access to a pitch and even though the Softball association were providing coaching and equipment, there needed to be a minimum of 15 members there to make it feasible. All going well we'l try again in early 2011.

Advertisement