Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Anyone Remember Tapes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    yeah I actually have a huge box of them in the attic, some great albums but re bought most of them on CD!! yeah loved the old mixed tapes.

Anyone remember taping the John Kenny metal show on 2FM hahaha i used to be waiting to press the record button when some songs came on that I wanted:rolleyes: Although that show helped me get into some serious good bands back in the day Dissection, Immortal etc

But I really dont miss the Tapes at all fast forward/rewind, tapes getting stuck in the tape player etc :mad:

I remember the John Kenny metal show. It was a great show, and I heard many great bands on it like Blue Oyster Cult, Rage Against The Machine, Sacred Reich and lots of others. I don't think metal shows would be as good and as classic nowadays.

I also remember listening to a lot of great tapes back in 1990 and 1992 like 'Appetite For Destruction, Use Your Illusion albums, The Black Album, Somewhere in Time, Piece of Mind and killers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've been using Casette Tapes for my college courses this year and last. But in relation to whether I miss tapes. I gotta say no. With CD's and Ipods you can just pick whatever song you want and play the song, with tapes you have to fastforward or rewind to listen to songs, which is annoying because if you're like me, who looks to play songs a couple of times, then you're going to have to constantly rewind the song. Also when you're finished with the tape you have to rewind it back to the start. Call me a slave to the technology age, but I prefer our modern gadgets a lot more then tapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

:) My first ever album was Thriller on cassette. Still have a bunch of tapes lying around the house, and I've a drawer wedged full of them in my parents' house. But growing up in a house with a sister who's incapable of putting them back in their boxes meant that even the cassettes themselves are scraped and battered, nevermind the tape inside. Wasn't until cds came out that we got a double cassette player (it was a cd player as well) but my parents had two panasonic cassette recorders so I spent hours with one or the other held up against the radio, or against each other to copy my cousins' tapes.

Good times :) but I do appreciate not having to fast forward or rewind to get to good songs - always hated doing it as I'd had to tease out waaaaay too many mangled tapes out of the player in the sitting room.

Advertisement