Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best chipper in kilarney

Options
  • 25-03-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

CAN NE1 ADVISE!??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sinequanon

:( no there are no good chippers in Killarney...it's a sorry state of affairs to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

sinequanon wrote: »
    :( no there are no good chippers in Killarney...it's a sorry state of affairs to be honest..
    i would have to agree

considdering the amount of pubs in the town there are only 3 propper* chippers, and one of those is a "pizzeria"

*not counting Burger King/McD's and Chinese and Indians etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I've asked my friend about this.

Anytime I stay over in hers she insists on the Chinese near the taxi rank, when I asked her about the best chipper she said the one across from the allegro, just a bit down the road from the Chinese that we go :( - anyone have a name?

Next time I'll insist on going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

dh0661 wrote: »
    Anytime I stay over in hers she insists on the Chinese near the taxi rank, when I asked her about the best chipper she said the one across from the allegro, just a bit down the road from the Chinese that we go :( - anyone have a name?

Not sure if it still the same name [could have been changed 10 years ago] but have always referred to it as Mike's/Hole in the Wall.

Standard could be better all right in the propper chipper stakes in Killarney.

Partial to the Allegro myself on the odd occasion after a bevy of two but really nothing special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

dh0661 wrote: »
    I've asked my friend about this.

Next time I'll insist on going there.

think that chinese is the mayflower, and the chipper is mikes

chinese is good, but there is no good "proper" chipper in killarney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I've eaten in Den Joes on the odd occasion I have been in Killarney and always found the food great, place spotless and service fine. More a take away place than your traditional 'chipper' but nice food one the less :p

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Mikes takeaway across from the alegro. they do a mean chips curry and stuffing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

you can t beat the chips, curry and stuffing must be a Kerry thing. great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Mikes takeaway across from the alegro. they do a mean chips curry and stuffing

If that's the one next to Courtneys, I second it.

Advertisement