Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to find washed up pieces of wood in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭mountain

its a case of just being lucky, try some of the beaches around clonakilty way,
    maybe after a storm more might be washed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Have you tried Youghal beach, used to be a lot of wood washed up there with I was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Some of the beaches on Little Island would probably be a good bet...

[Edit] Mind you, I think the last time I was there was in 1978 or 1979. Loads of driftwood then! :-)

[Edit2] It occurs to me that another place you could find washed up old deadwood is in the City Hall. :pac:
    (with apologies to the many fine denizens of City Hall.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Just about to say the same thing: Little Island is a strand. Everything washes up there. Find 'Clash Rd' drive to the end of it and park up (there is a small car park next to a kiddy park), the strand is right next to you from there.

I'd reccomend taking a left on the strand past the castle, saw loads of washed up 'gnarly' wood around there last week.

Advertisement