Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6310i

Options
  • 25-03-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a decent one of these? I've seen them on line from €45 to €101. Has anyone bought one recently? If so where & for how much?

Thanks
    Seán

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

€45 is cheap for one of these. These can often go for anything up to the €150 mark for a proper refurb. Ebay is going to be the cheapest of anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

I have an old 6310i sitting in a drawer for 5 years or so. Would like to get it refurbed.
    Can anyone tell me where to get that done, so I can be sure I get my own phone back. It's sentimental value to me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Tora Bora wrote: »
    I have an old 6310i sitting in a drawer for 5 years or so. Would like to get it refurbed.
    Can anyone tell me where to get that done, so I can be sure I get my own phone back. It's sentimental value to me:)

Twas me first phone!:p I have 3 of them lying round the place!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Route 66

Tora Bora wrote: »

Hi,
    I know of a guy in Galway, my 6310i had problems with disappearing signal, he fixed it for me, updated the software and the phone is like new, no problems with it since. He might be able to help, that's his website

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Seanieke wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a decent one of these? I've seen them on line from €45 to €101. Has anyone bought one recently? If so where & for how much?

Thanks
    Seán

Try adverts:
    http://www.adverts.ie/206471/mobile-phones/nokia-6310i-original-45/

OR

http://www.adverts.ie/211133/mobile-phones/nokia-6310i/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is so amazing about these? Used one for a few weeks when I lost my phone but traded it in when I was buying a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Route 66

What is so amazing about these? Used one for a few weeks when I lost my phone but traded it in when I was buying a new one
    They have history of good battery life, had good few apps for the time, infrared, bluetooth - again pretty good spec for the time and were comfortable to use. They were famous amongst the sales reps - hours on the phone etc. Nothing special from today's perspective, but overall just a nice, reliable phone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It was/is the last Nokia phone with that particular interface/connectors, there was a long line of models which had the same connectors and as a result there was a huge number of car kits fitted to accommodate them. Nokia announced at the time that the 6310 would be the last model with that style of connector so there is a large market in refurbished 6310s which are attractive to people who don't want to change their car kit.

Some of those people including a friend of mine are sitting on several 6310s supplied by friends who have upgraded to Bluetooth car kits and so were able to get new models of phones. My friend has about 4 x 6310s and heaven knows how many batteries, the car will fall apart before he runs out of functioning 6310s.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There was also the issue that back in the days of the 6310 the phone cradle in the car kit was hard wired to the base unit so after the 6310 if you wanted to upgrade to a newer Nokia the whole car kit had to be removed and replaced. In the newer car kits the cradle alone can be swapped out and replaced with one appropriate to a different phone model.

Advertisement