Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marquee

• 25-03-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

Quick question - does anyone know if they have big screens at the Live At The Marquee concerts in Cork? Am thinking of taking my small one to see Westlife but as we would have to be seated and as far as I know there's a very large standing section, I'm not sure if she would even be able to see anything? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I was at Podge & Rodge couple years ago and there was screens for that but was at Kanye West last year and they didn't. I'd say every show is different. They are the only two I've been to.

The seats are a good bit back but I'd say the view isn't that bad. If your kid loves them probably better to see them from a distance than not going at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

On the subject of the Marquee, is there parking at the venue?

Ya there is

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

MelanieC wrote: »
    Quick question - does anyone know if they have big screens at the Live At The Marquee concerts in Cork? Am thinking of taking my small one to see Westlife but as we would have to be seated and as far as I know there's a very large standing section, I'm not sure if she would even be able to see anything? Thanks.

It's a seated concert, so your kid should have no bother seeing the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Plenty of parking inside (fee) and outside around the surrounding roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Ya there is
    Bumble32 wrote: »
    Plenty of parking inside (fee) and outside around the surrounding roads.

Groovy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Minstrel27 wrote: »

That part of Cork is a ghost town, for The Prodigy I just parked outside some house about 5 mins walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Going to Horslips in June at the Marquee ,
    Can anyone recommend any hotels for overnighting for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

tatoo wrote: »
    Going to Horslips in June at the Marquee ,
    Can anyone recommend any hotels for overnighting for it ?

I'll be coming from the Mallow side of town , is Jury's Inn my best bet or possibly the Silver Springs ( it'll be lateish when I get down so I won't have much time to spare ) ?

Any relevant advice appreciated .

tatoo wrote: »
    I'll be coming from the Mallow side of town , is Jury's Inn my best bet or possibly the Silver Springs ( it'll be lateish when I get down so I won't have much time to spare ) ?

Any relevant advice appreciated .

Silver Springs is outside the city. So a taxi over & back would be needed.
    You could walk it from Jurys Inn, in about 15 mins. Parking is bit limited.
    The only other hotel I can think of, off the top of my head, over that side of town is the Clarion. That would probably be a bit more expensive though. That would be within walking distance as well and has an underground carpark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement