Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Bonamassa - Black Rock

Options
  • 25-03-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

So has anyone been listening to this. Despite generally liking much heavier stuff I think the guy is great and for a vituoso spends very little of his time doodling.

The album is worth the purchase for his version of Bird on a Wire alone.

Any opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Vudgie wrote: »
    So has anyone been listening to this. Despite generally liking much heavier stuff I think the guy is great and for a vituoso spends very little of his time doodling.

The album is worth the purchase for his version of Bird on a Wire alone.

Any opinions.

must grab a copy of this......meant to a couple of weeks back but didn't get a chance....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So far I have to say that I prefer The Ballad Of John Henry to this. That said it is like saying you prefer the excellent one to the very good one.

Bonamassa rarely lets a listener down and is on quite the run of class albums.

His output is impressive too. Think it is ten albums since 2000, with only two being live albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Heard it was a bit more commercially oriented than previous albums, but I'll soon find out.

Advertisement