If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung AVR720 with HTPC

Options
  • 25-03-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

I'm considering the Samsung AVR720 black – AV Receiver.

However I have no budget for speakers (or a receiver really) at the moment.

I mainly run a HTPC (in fact entirely) and have a samsung panel (hence the added attraction of anynet support over hdmi with tv and the receiver).

So my question is would this be a good fit ? considering I'll have windows 7 availble for doing the decoding in software.

Also - at the moment I have a 5.1 unit (old all in one panasonic thing) with 6 ohm speakers could I use these speakers until I get around to upgrading ?

I've often considered a set of Logi z5500 should i Just hold out for that ?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi,

I've given you're query a thread of it's own :) - trying to keep the "Sale" thread clear of queries, as requested here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65046711&postcount=44

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭kdobey

Can i could i connect 5.1 6ohm speakers (including passive bass) to the samsung avr-720 ?

Would it be safe to connect 7.1 6ohm speakers to it ?

Thanks
    Kevin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kdobey wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

I'm considering the Samsung AVR720 black – AV Receiver.

However I have no budget for speakers (or a receiver really) at the moment.

I mainly run a HTPC (in fact entirely) and have a samsung panel (hence the added attraction of anynet support over hdmi with tv and the receiver).

So my question is would this be a good fit ? considering I'll have windows 7 availble for doing the decoding in software.

Also - at the moment I have a 5.1 unit (old all in one panasonic thing) with 6 ohm speakers could I use these speakers until I get around to upgrading ?

I've often considered a set of Logi z5500 should i Just hold out for that ?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Ritzy...

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - I don't see any problem with using ye olde speakers for the meantime - however the passive sub won't work too well and the AV-R720 as it requires an amplified active subwoofer ( You could attach it via the front speaker outs but I would not recommend this :confused:).

http://www.samsung.com/download/FileView.aspx?cttfileid=1656203&type=Home+Audio&typecode=9&subtype=AV-HTS&subtypecode=905&model=AV-R720&filetype=UM&language=

Thats the link to the manual - have a read and if you need any further assistance just drop me a line and I'll do my best to help out,

ATB,

JMC

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.