Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Mazda or me??

• 25-03-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,
    just want some advice,
    i recently changed car from 02 bmw 1.9 petrol to 08 mazda6 1.8 petrol,

i just have problem with the Mazda sometimes,
    i found the engine stutters a bit and not as smooth as the bmw,

i also note that i can take foot off the gas on 4th gear on the bmw and let it slow down by itself but with mazda you need to down shift,

i went back to garage and the mechanic says mazda is a high rev engine and he get this alot from people moving to Mazda espeically people who were driving diesel cars...,

so my question is ..is it me the problem or is it the mazda?,
    maybe i am still getting used to the mazda??

any comments welcomed.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That sounds like a complete fob off from the mechanic. "High rev engine"? No its not. Its a bog standard petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Stewy18 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    just want some advice,
    i recently changed car from 02 bmw 1.9 petrol to 08 mazda6 1.8 petrol,

i just have problem with the Mazda sometimes,
    i found the engine stutters a bit and not as smooth as the bmw,

i also note that i can take foot off the gas on 4th gear on the bmw and let it slow down by itself but with mazda you need to down shift,

i went back to garage and the mechanic says mazda is a high rev engine and he get this alot from people moving to Mazda espeically people who were driving diesel cars...,

so my question is ..is it me the problem or is it the mazda?,
    maybe i am still getting used to the mazda??

any comments welcomed.. thanks
    Stuttering is not normal, it should be smooth. Maybe plugs or leads could be a problem, if not then maybe the fuel/air mixture mightn't be 100% right.
    Regarding coming off the throttle and engine braking, that does vary from car to car depending on the characteristics of the engine and the type of transmission/fly wheel in the car.
    You could always test drive another one to make sure.

Advertisement