Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oulart 1940's

Options
  • 25-03-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking to trace a family that lived in Oulart, Enniscorthy Road in 1943. Would anyone have any suggestions about where I should start searching. Any advice or help would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 chicklick

Hi.
    What was the families name? i suppose a good place to start would be the local priest. he has all the records as far as i know. plus if they had a child attend school he may have the old roll books. if not there are a few still living around from that era who could help you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

My folks have lived on the Eniscorthy road for the past ten or fifteen years. The owners in Martys Bar are from around the area for a couple of generations I believe. They're very nice people and might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gfmason

Hi Ian, Thanks for your message. I will certainly give them a try and see if they can remember the family. I am sure there are relations still living around the vicinity.

A girl called Briget works there. Shes very nice. I think she lives near Eniscorthy now. Her father and brothers work there too. There's loads of history in the area.

Best of luck with your search...

Any joy with this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement