Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good off licence in athlone or thereabouts?

Options
  • 25-03-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Well, I'm having the girls down for a Sex in the City type cocktail night soon, and have been inspired by a recent trip to Amsterdam where we had some class cocktails (Bols flavours and genever to be precise).... but I don't know where I can get fancy liqueurs round these parts. Have tried Tesco, Dunnes and local Supervalu but nothing there. And I don't even recall having seen a stand alone off-licence in Athlone (not here too long myself).

Anyone know where such beverages can be acquired? I'm talking different flavoured liqueurs -apple, cherry, toffee ... whatever!
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

newstart wrote: »
    Well, I'm having the girls down for a Sex in the City type cocktail night soon, and have been inspired by a recent trip to Amsterdam where we had some class cocktails (Bols flavours and genever to be precise).... but I don't know where I can get fancy liqueurs round these parts. Have tried Tesco, Dunnes and local Supervalu but nothing there. And I don't even recall having seen a stand alone off-licence in Athlone (not here too long myself).

Anyone know where such beverages can be acquired? I'm talking different flavoured liqueurs -apple, cherry, toffee ... whatever!
    ;)

There's quite a few off licenses about the town :) But ones that sell what you're looking for, not 100%. Your best bet would probably be O' Briens around the corner from Supermacs in town. Good range of beers, wine etc... Never looked for cocktail mixers etc... but they could have them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

O'Briens is your best bet.

Advertisement