Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

water for windscreen

• 25-03-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi, just having a problem with the water that washes my windscreen. I can hear the noise that it usually makes but no water is coming through. A couple of weeks ago my dad put hot water in it and it cleared it up. Now i just re-filled it asnd then went to use it a couple of days ago and now nothing.. could there be a leak or something in it? Is it easy to replace these?how much roughly would they cost? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

If you can hear the noise the pump is still working. Chances are there is a blockage in the line from the bottle to the nozzle. The pressure of the water against this blockage may have caused one the connectors in the hoses to come apart. Check the line from the bottle to underside of bonnet, it probably came apart where it splits in two to head to each nozzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Probably a stupid question but are you sure there's water in it?

Also if you have a hatchback car with rear wash wiper see if the water works on that, then you can concentrate on the problem being with the pump or a blockage on the front if the rear works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Got something similar once.
    Turned out to be that the rubber "hose" got stuck and squeezed and therefore could not leave water through.
    This happened after the car was serviced....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well at least your probably giving the top of your engine a good clean :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i have found that too much additive can cause blockages...take out the reservoir and clean it, blow through all the pipes (you may have to disconnect yhem depending on where the non-return valve is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Yes there is defo water in there only filled it at the weekend and only used it twice. The back one hasn't worked for a while and when i got it serviced it still didn't work. I'l get my dad to check the lines, as you can tell I'mnot the best at this stuff..Thanks again :)

Advertisement