Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom apparently upgrading to 8mb?

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

lafortezza wrote: »
    I got a call from Eircom today telling me that NGB was now available for me on the Finglas exchange. Currently I'm with Digiweb's 7MB (40GB cap up/down).
    The price difference if I switched would be very small, but I don't think my downloading policies would agree with Eircom's download policies :D

Does anyone know if resellers like Digiweb will be able to offer something similar to Eircom's NGB in the near future?

Digiweb can access eircom's NGB today. Its just a matter of whether or not they want to switch their customers over to it. You should ask them as it is a much cheaper option for them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

For 7mb, every other provider including eircom has a larger package. I think that the equivalent NGB package with eircom has an even higher download allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

For 7mb, every other provider including eircom has a larger package. I think that the equivalent NGB package with eircom has an even higher download allowance.
    The lady from Eircom told me that their NGB has unlimited up/download (T&Cs probably apply re fair usage), and the 8MB speeds are uncontended/uncongested (?? not sure here, means you don't get affected by everyone using internet in the evening in your area?).

So for a euro or two more per month I am not limited to 40GB per month cap, and all other things should be at least equal or slightly better. Here's hoping Digiweb can offer something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 thedosiletigh

855096785.png

I have recently started to get my internet from magnet as i thought it would be fast and i was told in my area that the line would have a contention rate of 12 compared to eircoms 48, but since getting magnet i'm not happy with it as i find a lot of the time i have to reload pages a couple of times just to get onto sites with an apparently 8mb connection which im paying for. I never had this before when i was using shared eircom broadbands in several different houses, i dont remember having to reload hardly at all. I posted my speedtest up here and if anyone has a upc connection i would be grateful if you would post a speed test so i could see the difference. To my eye this doesnt look too bad of a download speed?? Am i wrong?? Please let me know what you think of my test results as im not really sure if there good or bad, all i know is im getting peeved off having to reload pages after paying for a 8mb connection(as they could'nt supply a 10mb in my area). Reading some of these posts i am thinking of moving to upc as it is in my area , Is upc good??? Any feedback would be appreciated.....

EDIT: just checked if i can get upc broadband at my address and its not available, i know i cant get imagine either can anyone suggest any other providers that offer reliable fast internet. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I am from Cork City and am still 3mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

3mb in Carlow here...

856682746.png

Could that be right, as it seems to be around 4 or 5 times what I should be getting, download wise? Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the figures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I just got off the phone with an Eircom tit after my broadband stopped working who tried to pawn me off with 'there may be a scratch in the modem which stopped it working'!!!

I'm pretty sure my line is after being upgraded and caused my boradband to go tits up.
    Does anyone know if there are any settings I need to change after I get upgraded if I'm not using Eircoms PoS router?

5 minutes after getting home and problem solved.
    Apparently Eircom have changed the username for logging in as part of the upgrade, or else they disabled the previously working old one.
    So if you've the sme problem after the NRG upgrade just change the router settings to match whats on the eircom broadband support pages.

Don't waste your time on the muppet line like I did.

Advertisement