Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys WRT54G and Eircom

Options
  • 25-03-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have ordered a new router from Amazon (Linksys WRT54G) and it arrived this week. I bought it to replace the crappy Netopia Eircom router. I am going to set it up tomorrow. How do I set it up to work with Eircom?

Any help is much appriciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jenno86 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have ordered a new router from Amazon (Linksys WRT54G) and it arrived this week. I bought it to replace the crappy Netopia Eircom router. I am going to set it up tomorrow. How do I set it up to work with Eircom?

Any help is much appriciated!

Do you plan to put the Netopia in bridge mode, or use both router simultaneously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Spear wrote: »
    Do you plan to put the Netopia in bridge mode, or use both router simultaneously?

I hope to get rid of the Netpoia router altogether and just use the new Linksys one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I hope to get rid of the Netpoia router altogether and just use the new Linksys one.

Do Eicom supply you with a separate modem and router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

No, just the Netopia router. From the way you worded that question I'm guessing I'll need a modem and router.

I can set it up along side the netopia router though?

No, just the Netopia router. From the way you worded that question I'm guessing I'll need a modem and router.

I can set it up along side the netopia router though?

You'll need a modem at some point. Currently it sounds like the only one you have is the one integrated into the Netopia. One of the simpler ways of getting them working, would be to put the Netopia into bridged mode, so it'll essentially act as a modem only, and the WRT54G would be the only router.

• Advertisement
Advertisement