Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into shooting

Options
  • 25-03-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I went target and clay shooting with my college a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It was a place in Wexford we went to, can't remember the name.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the clay shooting (I don't have the patience for target shooting) and have been a bit of a lurker here since,following a lot of threads with interest. It seems to be a pretty expensive sport to get into though and as I'm a poor college student I don't really have too much money to spend. Is there a cheapish way of getting involved as I really enjoyed it and have had a bit of an itch to start ever since?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Teferi wrote: »
    Hey all,

I went target and clay shooting with my college a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It was a place in Wexford we went to, can't remember the name.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the clay shooting (I don't have the patience for target shooting) and have been a bit of a lurker here since,following a lot of threads with interest. It seems to be a pretty expensive sport to get into though and as I'm a poor college student I don't really have too much money to spend. Is there a cheapish way of getting involved as I really enjoyed it and have had a bit of an itch to start ever since?

you can pick up a handy secondhand shotty for a couple of hundred euro.
    have a look around and you should find something handy,

a box of clay's is around €15 for 500. and i think a case of shells is around €50 i'm not sure it's prob less. and a cheep clay trap new is €70.

save your penny's and you will be sorted;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

or since your money is stretched u can buy a throwin arm for the clays. not sure of the exact price but they should be 20 euro or less.

have you any friends/family interested in the sport?? because buying a box of clays and cartridges for a day of clay pidgeon becomes a lot cheaper when you buy as a group!

Hope you get into the sport and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Teferi wrote: »
    Hey all,

Is it just clays you interested in? Nothing better than walking through the field on a cold winters day. Sportdsden.ie have a couple of used shot guns in stock at quite an affordable price its not as expensive as you think.

Advertisement