Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions

Options
  • 25-03-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

I've been with register365 for a number of years but now I need to move all my accounts as their new control panel is not very user friendly and lacks key functions.

What type of control panel do you use?
    Is there a dummy domain I can use while setting up my websites?
    Do you use phpadmin?
    Is your FTP straight forward?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I've been with register365 for a number of years but now I need to move all my accounts as their new control panel is not very user friendly and lacks key functions.

What type of control panel do you use?

We use Parallels Enterprise
    Is there a dummy domain I can use while setting up my websites?
    You should be able to use the holder domain for testing, however you'd be better off editing your hosts file if you're trying to configure dynamic scripts
    ie. 12323.xcxxcvxvc.blacknight.com or whatever won't work for the configuration of some scripts, as they'll insist on it being the actual domain you're using, so editing your hosts file gets around that. See:

https://support.blacknight.ie/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=169

This one is also relevant:
    https://support.blacknight.ie/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=11
    Do you use phpadmin?
    It's available in your control panel - yes
    Is your FTP straight forward?
    You can configure FTP on a per webspace basis on most of our hosting accounts. Since all the plans allow you to host multiple sites, domains and a whole lot more, the system won't setup an FTP account for you until you tell it to.

In any case if you have any issues our support team are available to assist you (email / live chat / phone / twitter)

We also offer a 30 day moneyback guarantee, so if you're not happy you can get a refund

Use the coupon code: movehost when signing up and you'll get a discount

If you have any other questions let us know

HTH

Michele

Advertisement