Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver Launch in Europe Tomorrow!!1!

Options
  • 25-03-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

So who's getting their games tomorrow and where?

I'm getting mine in HMV in Grafton Street, they have it for €39.99. Every other shop in the city center have it for €44.99.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Mine's been dispatched from Amazon! :D

€35 & free delivery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm saving... :(

(for the game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

I think I might do for the DSi XL + game combo deal, €200 in most shops I checked, and 195 in Smyths, haven't a clue which colour to go for though, the dsi xl of course, Heart Gold all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Woo! Although I still don't know if I'll be getting it tomorrow. May have to wait until Tuesday D:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Have mine preordered from Gamestop, picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

The pokewalker is amazing. Find myself getting off the bus a couple of stops early just because I want a dratini!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Don't have a pre-order anywhere but I might chance it and try to nab a copy on the way home from college.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Got it in HMV for €39.99, came with a free DS carry case and all, very good value! Haven't played yet, but certainly looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Been enjoying the US release, already sent Red packing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just picked up Soul Silver. In some fairly intensive training all day though (work, not Pokemon) so unlikely to get a go of it any time soon. Fire Red just arrived from EBay n' all complete with a save directly in front of the electric bird legendary. All in all, a good Pokéday in the neighbourhood.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Just picked up Soul Silver. In some fairly intensive training all day though (work, not Pokemon) so unlikely to get a go of it any time soon. Fire Red just arrived from EBay n' all complete with a save directly in front of the electric bird legendary. All in all, a good Pokéday in the neighbourhood.

Nice one! Enjoy! :D

Looks like I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get SS :(

ihasafunny-funny-pictures-cat-has-a-sad.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I got my Fire Red prepped at home too. Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, as well as all the legendary Polkamon. wooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Picked up Soul Silver earlier, can't play until this evening though...

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Damn I think I'll be picking this up. Nice distraction from Irish orals during the day :)

wayhey wrote: »
    Damn I think I'll be picking this up. Nice distraction from Irish orals during the day :)

*Note we are not responsible for you not passing your orals :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lulz my weedle went into bellsprout tower at lvl 4 and came out a lvl 10 beedrill oooh yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I haven't had much of a chance to play the game, but I've been using the Pokéwalker a bit, already got a few items and caught a Nidoran on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Been playing it for the past week or so and have caught more pokemon with the pokewalker than in the game, some good ones on the different routes too!

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Nice one! Enjoy! :D

Looks like I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get SS :(

I has a sad too. Mine won't arrive until Tuesday & now I feel left out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Me too, but that's just because I don't have a Pokéwalker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Me too, but that's just because I don't have a Pokéwalker.
    D: Why?

I got mine in Xtra-vision today. Got a free 16 holder DS case with it. (:
    Though people from school saw me...I was mortified! ;)

I'm in Bellsprout Tower now. Near the first Gym Leader!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

Aww! That is the cutest kitty EVER.

Just wondering, is the game easily available or is it being sold out in stores? I won't be able to get mine until next week and I'm assuming it'll be easily picked up in any store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Whats the story behind the pokewalker?

Is it some attempt by Nintendo to make Japanese kids more fit?

Before anyone comments on the kid remark, I know pokemon is a proper RPG that is enjoyed by adults as well. Its just that it is aimed at kids in Japan due to bug catching been a popular schoolboy hobby years ago and that the character set used in games is basic Japanese.

DKZ wrote: »
    I has a sad too. Mine won't arrive until Tuesday & now I feel left out. :(

Don't worry, I'm not getting mine 'til Tuesday either so we'll have our own super fun launch party then :D
    Just wondering, is the game easily available or is it being sold out in stores? I won't be able to get mine until next week and I'm assuming it'll be easily picked up in any store?

Afaik it's not selling out anywhere so you should be able to pick up a copy easily enough.

Afaik it's not selling out anywhere so you should be able to pick up a copy easily enough.

It's sold out in Longford's Gamestop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There were no copies on the shelves in Smyths Carrickmines at lunch, the guy had to go into the room off to the side of the games desk. And he was gone quite a while....

Currently SRing to get a shiney - anyone know if the starter shows up as shiney when they appear beside you or do you have to sit through the Prof's "go see mr Pokemon" speech every time? So very sick of it....

I stand corrected :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Probably won't have as much of a chance after tomorrow today. Seems likely that if kids didn't get their copy today yesterday they'll be scrambling to get them tomorrow later today. They all get up so early too. :(

I'll check my local Xtra-Vision when renting a film Saturday night to see if they have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I've had mine since 8.35am on Friday. Did spend about 2 hours with my mate racing to get a shiny starter, but settled with a (non-shiny) brave female Cydnaquil. The EV'd trained most shiny team I've traded from my Platnium sort me out then.

Ended up walking just over 12300 steps yesterday with the Pokéwalker on me. It's great as I can sneak it into my pocket and go to work and play with there's no one around :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Didn't get it on launch as i'm going to dublin tomorrow and wanted to make sure i have enough cash for that :(

Hopefully pick it up monday morning somewhere :) hmv seems to be the best value?

I should really get a dsi as well...soon :)

Advertisement