Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver Launch in Europe Tomorrow!!1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah €39.99 with a DS case is a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Yeah €39.99 with a DS case is a pretty good deal.

Guessing thats 80 for both then :)
    Dsi's seem to be around 170/180 euro in symths...anyone got an idea on best deal with this game? (or two)

Kinda offtopic sorry.......but i love these games!! :D
    I remember going on holiday in december 2000 to australia...and getting the games there :) (werent out here til april i think)
    That was one awesome holiday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Just wondering, is the game easily available or is it being sold out in stores? I won't be able to get mine until next week and I'm assuming it'll be easily picked up in any store?

GAME in Dundrum have a load of copies. Doesn't look like they'll run out anytime soon. They'll price match with HMV too.

funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-happy.jpg

I got SS today :D Didn't plan on getting it today but I did :D Got it in HMV in Dundrum for €40 with the case and they had plenty of each left. The guy accidentally gave me 2 cases to if anyone has a HG one and wants to swap for a SS one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

They had it in my local Xtra-Vision but it was €45 so no sale for me.

That €40 deal sounds great, must go see if my sister will be in Dundrum anytime soon. Technically she'd be buying it for her little brother. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-happy.jpg

I got SS today :D Didn't plan on getting it today but I did :D Got it in HMV in Dundrum for €40 with the case and they had plenty of each left. The guy accidentally gave me 2 cases to if anyone has a HG one and wants to swap for a SS one :)

Thanks for waiting for our special launch party on Tuesday! :(

DKZ wrote: »
    Thanks for waiting for our special launch party on Tuesday! :(

I do apologise :( But I'll put it all back in the box on Tuesday and we can pretend?

No, it's fine.. don't worry about me. I'll just play it all by myself.. alone. :(

No, it's fine.. don't worry about me. I'll just play it all by myself.. alone. :(

Not if you give me your FC :)

Not if you give me your FC :)

Haha, don't worry I'm only joking. Have fun! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Guessing thats 80 for both then :)
    Dsi's seem to be around 170/180 euro in symths...anyone got an idea on best deal with this game? (or two)
    If you know someone in Germany you could get this offer DSi €169.99 with HG/SS, it might help if you can real basic German too.

I got my HG in HMV on Grafton Street and they didn't have the cases. If you fancy swapping a case for an Arceus figure (I'm sure I can throw in some Event Pokémon too) then please let me know :)
    Come into town and play it with some of us, I'll come in anyway and I'm sure others will make the trip too. Share the Pokémon love :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

Picked my preordered copy of SoulSilver on friday. I've now got 8 badges and the extremespeed Dratini.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

My team;

CROCNAW; lvl 22
    BELLSPROUT; lvl 17
    TOGEPI; lvl 13
    MONFERNO (i traded him from platinum); lvl 19
    SUDOWOODO; lvl 20
    PIDGEY; (in pokéwalker); lvl 14... I think

So how's my team so far? :)
    I'm in Ecruteak city
    Haven't battled the gym leader yet!

Also, y'know that if a Pokémon's in a pokéwalker and levels up? Well if it was supposed to learn a move on that level, it won't. Just be careful about that! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Been working half the weekend. My current party is

Croconaw lvl 23
    Gyarados lvl 22
    Growlithe lvl 21
    Pidgeotto lvl 21
    Flaaffy lvl 21
    Machop lvl 20

Also in Ecruteak City. Hint: Go right and get the TM shadow claw. It's supa effective against ghost polkamon

I got my HG in HMV on Grafton Street and they didn't have the cases. If you fancy swapping a case for an Arceus figure (I'm sure I can throw in some Event Pokémon too) then please let me know :)

Yeah that would be pretty cool :)

I've only just beat Falkner so my team consists of:

Oddish lv.7 (Caught via pokéwalker)
    Hoothoot lv.9
    Gastly lv. 9
    Pidgey lv.10 (Caught via pokéwalker)
    Chikorita lv.13
    Togepi egg.

If you know someone in Germany you could get this offer DSi €169.99 with HG/SS, it might help if you can real basic German too.
    :D
    no luck for me there but thanks anyway.
    Was in hmv earlier, seem to be doing a dis + one pokemon game for 187 euro, game for 17 euro basically.
    I really can't afford...or really need a dsi...but god I'm tempted :pac:

no luck for me there but thanks anyway.
    Was in hmv earlier, seem to be doing a dis + one pokemon game for 187 euro, game for 17 euro basically.

Ah but they're great :D Get a DSi XL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Yeah that would be pretty cool :)
    When we do eventually do a Pokéfan meet up, we can get it all sorted out then. I will hold a figure for you and you can go through my PC BOXes of Doom and disorder to find what you want, what you really, really want.
    If you're not proud you could always buy a second-hand one in Game/GameStop/local Cash Converters. I dunno the price of a second hand one though, sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Has anyone started walking more since they got their pokewalker thingy?

Has anyone started walking more since they got their pokewalker thingy?

Hell yes! I put Gastly in mine today when I went out and have done 6287 steps :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Do people keep the teams that they are posting so early on? I normally pick up one or two of my favourites that stay as my full team but any team I have before beating the e4 are just revive slaves and the couple of 'mon I actually want...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I found myself marching on the spot with the pokéwalker while doing the washing up on saturday. I also found that if you shake it fast (kung fu punch fast, not "I'm...uh....reading a magazine" fast) you can clock up a whole lotta points. Was gutted to find that it dumps all your watts when you send your caught 'mon back to the cartridge. I had hundreds of the things... wasted for the sake of a handfull of onixes...

Beat Falkiner yesterday morning, Team was :
    Totodile (L 12)
    Chester (L 10 Geodude)
    Boyd (L 10 Pidgey
    DoDuo (L 10 Pokewalker caught)
    Nidoran o+ (L10 pokewalker caught)
    Ballard (L10 Ratatta)

Ooooh HG just arrived from Amazon with it's holographic 3D cover. Puuuuurty

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got it in Dundrum myself on Saturday too (Only I got HG... along with God of War. :) About the same stage (Just past the first gym, only my Totodile is about Lv. 18)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Banjo wrote: »
    Was gutted to find that it dumps all your watts when you send your caught 'mon back to the cartridge. I had hundreds of the things.

:eek:WTF?
    So essentially you have to have a specific pokemon who just lives on your Pokewalker to accumulate watts and unlock areas?

My game arrived early! Wasn't due until the 31st! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

:eek:WTF?
    So essentially you have to have a specific pokemon who just lives on your Pokewalker to accumulate watts and unlock areas?

No no no no no.

When you connect to the Pokewalker you have two options (can't remember what they're actually called) :
    Send over gifts, which sends any captured pokemon, found items and any Watts you haven't used;
    Return you Pokemon, which sends any captured pokemon, found items, unused Watts and your strolling pokemon back.

So basically, you can't build up hundreds of watts, catch 3 pokemon and send them back then catch 3 more, etc etc.

Having said that, unlocking other routes is done by sending unused Watts from the Pokewalker to your game cart after a stroll, you don't just stockpile them on the pokewalker, so this isn't all bad. Just a pain when I'd have been better off trying to catch 3 different pokemon instead of sending back the first 3 I caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

I paid €45 for HG in XTRA-VISION and I got a 16 ds card holder. Bad deal?

I paid €45 for HG in XTRA-VISION and I got a 16 ds card holder. Bad deal?

Nope.
    45 is standard really for the game. And you did get a free ds card holder as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Was walking all over the place over the past few days (parents are visiting and doing all the tourist-y things), clocked up over 13,000 steps per day! Have about 4000 watts total at this point, next route opens at 5000 so a bit more walking needed today I think!

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    Do people keep the teams that they are posting so early on? I normally pick up one or two of my favourites that stay as my full team but any team I have before beating the e4 are just revive slaves and the couple of 'mon I actually want...

Generally I'll keep one or two of my starting team with me all the time then have a few others on my team and in the PC boxes that I'll mix & match with.
    My game arrived early! Wasn't due until the 31st! :D

Oh now who's bailing in our super-awesome Tuesday launch party :P

Advertisement