Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver Launch in Europe Tomorrow!!1!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Am I right in thinking that each game can support up to 3 Pokewalkers? When you go to choose which 'mon is going walkies, there's 3 boxes available, 2 of which are greyed out, and then there's the fact that you can choose "go for a stroll" when you have a 'mon in your walker?

Just found out last night that if you have 2 pokewalkers for 2 different trainers you can point them at eachother once a day and hit the connect button to receive a gift. Sometimes it's a Persim berry, sometimes it's a choice band. It's not as good an ATM as the resort cafe in D/P/Pl but it'll do :) One of these days I'll have to read the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Started playing HG again this morning. Training is hard and takes ages. Dratini has exp share but is only lvl 34.
    I tried the elite4 a few weeks ago. I got far but i just couldn't get past Lances third Dragonite. >.<
    I'm sorta savin' it for my holidays now so I don't really mind if i get far.

@banjo. I'm pretty sure it's just one pokéwalker. It says on the back of the box. I've always wondered what it was for though..

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Banjo wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that each game can support up to 3 Pokewalkers? When you go to choose which 'mon is going walkies, there's 3 boxes available, 2 of which are greyed out, and then there's the fact that you can choose "go for a stroll" when you have a 'mon in your walker?
    When there is a 'mon on the 'walker the "Go for a Stroll" option vanishes, but when the 'walker is empty "Return from a Stroll" is still selectable. This allows for "free" Pokémon to join you on the Walker and then come to your game.
    Banjo wrote: »
    Just found out last night that if you have 2 pokewalkers for 2 different trainers you can point them at eachother once a day and hit the connect button to receive a gift. Sometimes it's a Persim berry, sometimes it's a choice band. It's not as good an ATM as the resort cafe in D/P/Pl but it'll do :) One of these days I'll have to read the manual.
    You can link up to 10 Pokéwalkers a day and recieve gifts. The gifts are items randomly chosen from the Route you are on. After 10 link ups, you no longer receive items but instead receive between 32-99 Watts with every link up that is of course until you link your walker back to your game and auto-dump the items.

And here's one the Pokémon Inc Rep at VGC taught us. Link your walker with 10 people, after the 10th you can then relink with person #1 in the same day. I call that abuse, but getting 4209 Watts in one day and only walking 2000 or so steps, heck I'm not proud ^_^

Advertisement