Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2010?

Options
  • 25-03-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hey anyone thinking of going to knockanstockan this year?! im all excited :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Defo thinking of going, will be hitting up my cheep festival buzz this ear and this is certainly on the calendar!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Defo thinking of going, will be hitting up my cheep festival buzz this ear and this is certainly on the calendar!

too right!!!oxegen looks crap this year and given knockan is 65euro....sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Who is playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Who is playing?

have no idea,but am going for the good times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jack157

The line up is picked. Find it here http://www.knockanstockan.ie/line-up/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ILoveBIKES

Dedicated organisers, chilled-out staff, relaxed security, very nice people, Mescalito, New Secret Weapon, The Candidates, Fusion Family, North Strand Contra Band, Hot Sprockets, Enda Reilly, Scarecrow Disco... to name a few heads.

This is my third year, and my expectations are fairly high. I've just gone with my partner the last two years, this year a whole HEAP of my friends are going along with me.

Grab yourself a copy of the Knockandockan (documentary) and you will suddenly find yourself excited about the best festival this summer - and yes, I really do mean the best!

I was going to get my early bird ticket for €65, but I decided to pay the full 75.... totally reasonable!

See y'all there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

i am a volunteer there this years .

was up today building stages .

Place is coming together nice.

I cant wait. My wife and kid are also going.

Its nice to meet some really chilled out organizers.

My expectation is that it will be fun safe and friendly .
    A nice change from the unruly camp at oxegen.

please God keep it dry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

gsxr1 wrote: »
    please God keep it dry!!

+1!

I'm headin down on a media pass, don't be pissin on me camera!

unreggd wrote: »
    +1!

I'm headin down on a media pass, don't be pissin on me camera!

just back again. hard days work.

wait till ye see the Knockenstocken sign we made. You better get a pic of it;)

I did not realize how much work was involved in setting this all up, most done by unpaid volunteers . But the craic is mighty.. Cant wait to get back there!

weather is to be good . except for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

gsxr1 wrote: »
    just back again. hard days work.

wait till ye see the Knockenstocken sign we made. You better get a pic of it;)

I did not realize how much work was involved in setting this all up, most done by unpaid volunteers . But the craic is mighty.. Cant wait to get back there!

weather is to be good . except for tomorrow

I've heard that before!

Looking forward to it now,heading up Friday afternoon I think

• Advertisement

Gillington wrote: »
    I've heard that before!

Looking forward to it now,heading up Friday afternoon I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_Xymg4etI&

Weather forecast is good.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Playing on stage 2, Saturday afternoon 12.30-1.30 if anyone's awake :)

Voltwad wrote: »
    Playing on stage 2, Saturday afternoon 12.30-1.30 if anyone's awake :)

Ah sure Voltwad,I'll pop down and see you we can talk about where we went wrong in the World Cup Draft!

Ah sure Voltwad,I'll pop down and see you we can talk about where we went wrong in the World Cup Draft!
    Absolutely, look out for Kevinonabike. I live nearby in Blessington if you get sick of the camping and want a cuppa :)

sunblock packed!

what a weekend.

It was really good fun. The music was reallyreally good. What talent we have . right on out doorstep.

Camping was a bit rough . Cant say it was the chilled out bunch I hoped for.
    inner city lads beside us where thieving handbags, seats, beer, everything they could,, throwing bottles in to the camping field and jumping on tents and giggling about it.. I had to leave to go to the reserve site at 5am. Things where better then.

Apart from that downer . The next site was everything I hoped for . Adults who could handle there drink, . Happy to see ya and watched your stuff. Perfect .

9 bar blues where my fav day time band.
    the sprockets and candidates where top notch .

but by far "and so i watch from afar " where the best..

great times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

agreed ... "and so i watch from afar" were pretty excellent.

Totally enjoyed the vibe though was only there for Fri night. I played the chill area around 9pm and then had to take it easy before heading off to play Bump on Sat. Would love to have stayed at Knockanstockan just for the vibe. Bump was cool too.

old gregg wrote: »
    agreed ... "and so i watch from afar" were pretty excellent.

Totally enjoyed the vibe though was only there for Fri night. I played the chill area around 9pm and then had to take it easy before heading off to play Bump on Sat. Would love to have stayed at Knockanstockan just for the vibe. Bump was cool too.

im kind of finding it strange that for a music gig forum, there is so little posts on knockenstocken. been to loads of festivals . The performers in wicklow this weekend showed more musical talent than many of the main acts in oxegen.

But I guess the low key "small" interest, is a big part of the draw for me.

I had a great weekend,well Friday and Saturday,left at about 5 on Sunday.Friday was awesome,went to see Clockwork Noise and The Cujo Family who are both my mates bands and both were quality.And So I watched You from afar were a brilliant end to the nights music.Stayed in the circus tent then til about 4.

Saturday day and evening wasn't as eventful due to hangover etc but did watch bits of Sounds of System Breakdown,Peter Pureheart and I caught some of your set Voltwad,was sittin down eating trying to get the stomach right! Watched the Hot Sprockets thats the last I remember before another bout of drunkenness that went on til about 7am!

Very well run festival which was just right I think in terms of music,set-up people and location.Good work everyone involved

I had a great weekend,well Friday and Saturday,left at about 5 on Sunday.Friday was awesome,went to see Clockwork Noise and The Cujo Family who are both my mates bands and both were quality.And So I watched You from afar were a brilliant end to the nights music.Stayed in the circus tent then til about 4.

Saturday day and evening wasn't as eventful due to hangover etc but did watch bits of Sounds of System Breakdown,Peter Pureheart and I caught some of your set Voltwad,was sittin down eating trying to get the stomach right! Watched the Hot Sprockets thats the last I remember before another bout of drunkenness that went on til about 7am!

Very well run festival which was just right I think in terms of music,set-up people and location.Good work everyone involved
    Thanks for that! Ya should have said hi after, would have sorted you out with a cd and a t-**** :)

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Ya should have said hi after, would have sorted you out with a cd and a t-**** :)

Ah crap! Woulda been good to get some gear! We were actually sittin down near the sound desk earlier in the set but had to head for the bus which I missed so came down for the end of it.Good stuff lads,did you hang around for the rest of the weekend?

Went back and forth from home, enjoyed Shocktapus and Howl most of all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

@gsxr1 : yea agree with you here for sure. The musical talent was excellent and it's been awhile since I attended a festival where the security look as happy as the audience. As for the organisers and volunteers, legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Was there for the most of the weekend and was excellent! Throughly enjoyed all of what i can remember!

Saw most bands Fri & Sat but had to head at about 2.00ish Sun. Had to get the bus to dublin and then back to Galway...
    My pick of the bunch would be The North Strand Kontra Band, Hot Sprockets and The Candidates all were excellent, but the Candidates were really really good!!

The people working there, the volunteers, the security, the scenery were all amazing!! Defintely going next year!!

Anyone hear if your man who was taken away on Saturday is okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I was working on the Sat cooking the staff grub right beside the main stage. Brilliant place as I got to see all the bands while working. Sweet.

Festival was brilliant this year. The amount of talent in this country has to be seen to be believed. So many brilliant bands. I like the way it's kept small too as you get to meet so many peple over the weekend and then you keep bumping in to them all weekend.
    So many highlights that I don't really know where to start. All the bands on the two main stages were class. I was over and back as much as possible trying not to miss anyone. Some really cool stuff in the chill out area too. There was a great band on there Sat night, sort of jazzy stuff with a singer who really rocked the whole sexy jazz angle. She blew me away. Burlesque strippers then and another one of my mates with a few others doing hula hoops. Brilliant. Nice to have something different to look at as well as all the bands.

Crowd was really cool too. I knew a couple of the security crowd and they said it was all fairly quiet. I think at smaller festivals like that most people know each other anyway so there's usually very little trouble.

I arrived on Fri at about 12 and the weather was gorgeous so that helped everything kick off nicely, got everyone in good form for the start of the weekend. Rest of the weekend wasn't too bad either so was pretty succesful on that front too.
    I was talking to one of the medics about the person who was taken away on Sat and he said he thought he would be OK so fingers crossed there.

All in all it was a brilliant weekend. I know a few of the organisers and I've seen how much effort they've put in over the last while and I think it shows when you've got such a dedicated team working to make it all come together. Everyone I met seemed to be enjoying themselves and that's what it's all about at the end of the day. Roll on next year :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭emo72

Roll on next year :cool:

okay then, lets roll on next year:D

just bumping this up to see if this festival is going to happen in 2011?

had a quick scoot around the web but couldnt find anything about 2011.

anyone know anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

emo72 wrote: »
    okay then, lets roll on next year:D

just bumping this up to see if this festival is going to happen in 2011?

had a quick scoot around the web but couldnt find anything about 2011.

anyone know anything?

as far as I know, it will go ahead next year...hope so anyway! :P
    they've released a knockanstockan cd(volume 1) and the odd KS night in Sweeneys on Dame street, keep an eye out, always good fun :)

Yeah as far as I know its going ahead,a couple of the bands who were in the King Kong club final won slots at Knockanstockan and various other festivals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭emo72

another friendly bump. im trying to plan holidays next year and i dont wanna miss this.

so id wish theyd hurry up and announce the dates already. someone please post when they hear something. google just shows last years info.

Advertisement