Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan 2010?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

emo72 wrote: »
    another friendly bump. im trying to plan holidays next year and i dont wanna miss this.

so id wish theyd hurry up and announce the dates already. someone please post when they hear something. google just shows last years info.

Probably 22nd July, I'd have thought.. :)
    I'll try find out for ya. There's a Knockanstockan gig this friday in Sweeneys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭emo72

emo72 wrote: »
    another friendly bump. im trying to plan holidays next year and i dont wanna miss this.

so id wish theyd hurry up and announce the dates already. someone please post when they hear something. google just shows last years info.

just my monthly bump to see if definite dates announced yet?

and just wondering if people who went to this before would recommend bringing my 2 kids who are into music 13yo boy and 8 yo girl?

we would like to camp and i would be bringing my camper van as shelter.

ive been to festivals but never camped. always went home to my bed and made my way back again the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Tickets are 75 euro and if you buy 4 you get 1 free. I heard great things about this little fetsival and im mainly going to see the Hot Sprockets. Ive youtubed a few of the other acts already annoucced and have to say their music rocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Dunno if I'm goin yet but you definitely have to check out The Cujo Family,they on the King Kong club last year

other must see's for me are The Whipround,Blind Yakkety,Gypsy Rebel Rabble,Mescalito,The Barley Mob,Wyvern Lingo,Bipolar Empire and a few others

actually,why amn't I goin!?

• Advertisement

Would anyone know if this would be suitable for families

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

oppiuy wrote: »
    There were plenty of kids there last year. As long as you keep a close eye on them, should be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

oppiuy wrote: »

I took my 6 year old boy last year. You need to make sure you are either going into the overflow camp site or ask for info on the family dedicated camp site they where considering last year. The main camp site is not a place for children. I had to move my tent at 5am as it was just getting to rough for the kid. I was very worried about a fully grown adult falling over my tent with child inside.

After we moved. All our troubles where over. The overflow campsite was hassle free and safe. Both parents and child had a brill weekend. It was really good. Nice vibe in the place. Everyone enjoyed the children in the place. My kid loved the music and swings. We soon got to know other parents and we all kept an eye on all the kids. Although it is a very safe place for them . The staff especially in the chill out tents/area where really cool with the kids and loved them being there.

I will be there for this year with family again.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I took my 6 year old boy last year. You need to make sure you are either going into the overflow camp site or ask for info on the family dedicated camp site they where considering last year. The main camp site is not a place for children. I had to move my tent at 5am as it was just getting to rough for the kid. I was very worried about a fully grown adult falling over my tent with child inside.

After we moved. All our troubles where over. The overflow campsite was hassle free and safe. Both parents and child had a brill weekend. It was really good. Nice vibe in the place. Everyone enjoyed the children in the place. My kid loved the music and swings. We soon got to know other parents and we all kept an eye on all the kids. Although it is a very safe place for them . The staff especially in the chill out tents/area where really cool with the kids and loved them being there.

I will be there for this year with family again.

Cheers, a friend is thinking of bringing the kids but it sounds cool once we sort a area to camp. Ill drop the organisers a mail and see what they say.

Really looking forward to this. I absolutely love the Hot Sprockets

Advertisement