Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download Limit No Charges

• 25-03-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Newbie here
    I have been downloading from eircom for long time now and my sisters new fella has just made my and hopefully your day.
    He guided me to thier website and pointed this out to me.
    If they cannot provide a higher BB package to suit your line or your needs then they cannot charge extra.
    Will not be back for a while Going to download everything from Abba songs to Zombieland lol. :):):):):):):):)

2.3 The Facility is available at different levels. Each level has a particular bandwidth and a monthly upload and monthly download limit.
    The Customer shall select the level of the Facility it wishes to avail of and shall inform eircom of its selection. The Customer agrees to be bound by the Monthly Upload and Monthly Download Limits attaching to its selected level of the Facility. In the event that Customer usage exceeds the download/uploadlimits attaching to its selected level of the Facility, eircom may, without prejudice to its right to charge the Customer for the excess usage in accordance with the Regulations, request the
    Customer to select a level more appropriate to its usage. In the event of the Customer refusing or neglecting to select an alternative level of the Facility, eircom may, upon due notice, terminate the provision of the Facility to the Customer.

2.4 The Customer may change the level of the Facility selected by it on giving at least five (5) days notice to eircom. There shall be no charge payable to eircom by the Customer for an upgrade of a level. A fee, as set out in the Regulations, shall be charged by eircom and paid by the Customer in respect of a downgrade of a level.

3.1 This Agreement shall commence on the Ready for Service date and shall be for the Initial Period. Provided that this Agreement has not been terminated in accordance with its terms or in accordance with the Regulations, this Agreement shall thereafter automatically renew for successive twelve-month periods. For the purposes of this clause 3, a twelve-month period will be calculated from the anniversary of the RFS date.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Eh, not to be pedantic but it doesn't say that in the terms that you posted and I couldn't find it in their terms (not that I looked very hard). :)
    It says that there is no charge for an upgrade. In that case your monthly bill would still go up to pay for the faster package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

It means they don't charge you to upgrade the speed, but they do charge more for the speed increase. It's just they don;t charge a fee to upgrade your line!!

Sorry to ruin your day

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

that says if you are going over your limit and they have a higher usage package they can move you on to it. if you refuse the new package they can terminate the service.
    that is also on top of charging you for the over usage

but as IrishTonyO said you would not be charged for the upgrade itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You, or the guy that told you this, or both of you, are very confused. If you think those terms somehow translate to eircom not charging you for going over your usage limit, you couldn't be more wrong.

It says you don't pay a fee for a speed upgrade, but you do for a speed downgrade, regardless of the reason for the upgrade. If they can't provide a higher package to you, then one won't be offered. If you go over the cap, then they always have had the ability to charge you, they've just not done that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kingtorres9

I hope for his sake he told me the truth or it will be the quickest relationship in history
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If he told you they cannot charge extra, then he's wrong. They can, if they want.

Advertisement