Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get for a Self Install House Alarm?

Options
  • 25-03-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,324 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of trying to do a self install house alarm, what should I go for? Ideally, I'd like to go wireless in as much as possible as the house isn't pre-wired.

What system/control panel? Where to purchase - shop or on-line?
    Digi Dialler - connect to landline or SIM Card?
    How do you decide how many zones you should have?
    What sensors or dectors should I use, is it necessary to have all external windows and doors covered?
    What should I expect to pay for a decent quality alarm?
    Anthing else that I need to consider or may require to have a fully operational house alarm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The new HKC kit or Europlex signet will do what you want.
    The HKC is a popular with diyer's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

phog wrote: »
    I'm thinking of trying to do a self install house alarm, what should I go for? Ideally, I'd like to go wireless in as much as possible as the house isn't pre-wired.

What system/control panel? Where to purchase - shop or on-line?
    Digi Dialler - connect to landline or SIM Card?
    How do you decide how many zones you should have?
    What sensors or dectors should I use, is it necessary to have all external windows and doors covered?
    What should I expect to pay for a decent quality alarm?
    Anthing else that I need to consider or may require to have a fully operational house alarm?

Hi phog,

There are alot of systems to choose from out there. With a self install you could buy the powermax. If you ask them they can program it with the sensors you want in a pack so that might be the one for you. It can be connected to your phone for self monitoring or a GSM can be fitted to use a sim card. It also has a wire free bell so no cabling there either. With a self install there is no minimum requirements but covering windows and doors plus a few motion detectors will cover your home for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,324 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks for your replies, now for some goggling of your recomendations.

Thanks for your replies, now for some goggling of your recomendations.

Your welcome, any problems let us know..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,324 ✭✭✭✭phog

altor wrote: »
    Hi phog,

There are alot of systems to choose from out there. With a self install you could buy the powermax. If you ask them they can program it with the sensors you want in a pack so that might be the one for you. It can be connected to your phone for self monitoring or a GSM can be fitted to use a sim card. It also has a wire free bell so no cabling there either. With a self install there is no minimum requirements but covering windows and doors plus a few motion detectors will cover your home for you.

Is there a bricks and mortar shop I could call to and discuss the alarm and setup? Motion detectors - can these be zoned, say downstairs on while upstairs off, etc.

• Advertisement

Is there a bricks and mortar shop I could call to and discuss the alarm and setup? Motion detectors - can these be zoned, say downstairs on while upstairs off, etc.

Sent you a pm with info.

Advertisement