Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to look for in a camcorder

Options
  • 25-03-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi

Getting married in 4 weeks and have decided not to go with the video option for money reasons. Ive decided to buy a camcorder myself and get a friend to capture the important moments. Ive no idea what I should look for....for example Aldi have one at the moment but not sure if its suitable.

Can anyone recommend one or suggest what I should look for. Im not looking for a professional style video of our wedding or even proper sound as I presume I can get someone to edit this later on and put a soundtrack to it.

Any advice gratefully recieved :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jammygit

Look for low-lux performance, HD 1080p, good sizen lens with 10 x or better OPTICAL zoom - digital just reduces the quality.

The best camcorders now record on hard drive or SD card, and depending on your price range can double as digital still cameras. But you're better off with a purpose-made camcorder rather than a digital still product with recording capability. These normally operate at reduced quality and give poor results with moving subjects

Hope this helps

Advertisement