Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castlebar to Waterford City

• 25-03-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Heading from Castlebar to Waterford next week, Google Earth says it's quicker to go via Athlone, but I'm more used to driving from Mayo to Limerick and isn't Waterford a bare hour "off peak" from Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Heading from Castlebar to Waterford next week, Google Earth says it's quicker to go via Athlone, but I'm more used to driving from Mayo to Limerick and isn't Waterford a bare hour "off peak" from Limerick?

Crap road from Limerick to Waterford - you're looking at about 1 3/4 hours from Limerick

Was never up in Castlebar so can't recommend the best route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Moved from Infrastructure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I've driven both routes and think the Athlone route is better. The Limerick Waterford road is a disaster. After Athlone, head for Durrow then Kilkenny and on to the new Motorway to Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

To be honest I'd recommend the Athlone route, then on to Tullamore, Portlaoise, Carlow and on to Waterford. Might seem a bit of a long way around but the roads are much better that way.

Point of note, if you do take this way, go to Tullamore from Athlone by taking the M6 towards Dublin and take the Tullamore exit at Kilbeggan, its way faster than going Athlone - Clara - Tullamore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Limerick - Waterford is not great. Go the other way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement