Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better choice of shops - Coleraine or Strabane

Options
  • 25-03-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm going to be travelling down from Portrush tomorrow and was planning on stopping off in some northern town for some shopping - Coleraine and Strabane are on my way.
    Does anyone know which would be better for selection of shops or just better overall?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Coleraine is best of a bad bunch there, not saying much but its def got more than Strabane!

Depends what your looking for though, I assume its clothes etc. If your after groceries then its defo Strabane. Theres a huge ASDA there with a decent homeware and electrical section too. And theres Argos and a few other stores in the same retail park.

So, Strabane for electrical / home/ grocery, Coleraine for the clobber!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I passed by asda coming into Strabane, it did look pretty big - we might have to pay a visit into that on the way home, need to stock up on booze!
    The oh got excited going through Coleraine, I was too busy watching the sat nav - we'll have to stop to see what it's like.
    Thanks Gleep

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

It doesn't take too long to get over to Derry! Foyleside shopping centre, plenty of parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

+1 on that
    there are loads of good shops in derry not just in foyleside, and a big sainsburys, tesco et all as well, if youve time id go there, 20 mins from strabane 40 from coleraine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I might try Derry next time! Traffic was mental in both towns - suppose friday traffic didn't help. Coleraine didn't have a great selection as you said, only went to Asda and Heatons in Strabane - imo, Enniskillen's Asda has a better selection (of booze anyway!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement