Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable USB charging device?

Options
  • 25-03-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Basically I recently got a kodak zi8, What sucks is the battery life is only around 90 minutes.
    So this leaves me with two choices:
    1.Buy a couple of spare batteries :)
    2. Get one of those devices/yokes that lets you charge stuff that has usb chargers.

I'm currently leaning towards number 2....as it might come in handy for charging mmy phone/etc as well :)

Anyone have any experience with any of these devices? Or any reccomendations/etc?

And is there any which could be bought in a high street store maybe?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

bedlam wrote: »
    Consider purchasing a PowerMonkey or PowerMonkey Explorer. A lot of o2 and vodafone shops carry the former if you need it urgently, but the solar charging of the Explorer would be a nice option if you can wait for a delivery.

Thanks!!
    Think I'll try to pick up a powermonkey within a couple of days :)
    I don't think that solar feature of the explored would be too handy foe me st the moment...so I'll think I'll go for the regular version (also cheaper :D which helps at this moment in time).
    Found one called the imp500....seems yo hold a lot (5000mah), might look into getting one of those in a few months:)

thanks once again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've got a PowerMonkey with the solar panel as well for charging stuff, also have one of the older models of Proporta usb chagers as well.

They both do the job fine, only issue I keep having with them is the retractable cables keep on failing on me. They definately get me out of trouble when needing that extra bit of juice for the phone or something though, but the charging of the Power Monkey via solar will take an age.

Advertisement