Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dad/son bonding weekend

• 25-03-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭

I want to take my nearly-6-year old son away some place in Ireland for a few days, away from the rest of the family.

I'd like to sleep out a night, maybe two.

Has to be soon, next 2 weeks preferably.

We live in Dublin, but I don't mind traveling.

He's pretty much into anything and everything at his age - boats, farming, nature, volcanoes, dinosaurs, space......:p

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Maybe I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, but why would you want to take him away at the age of nearly 6.. I'd imagine at this age the more people around him the better.

How are you on your own going to entertain him for 48 hours, you'll end up round the bend and I'm sure the child will also be bored.

Why not stay with him at home or Grand Parents etc, that way you can share him and you can all enjoy him more and him you also..?

hope all goes well whatever you decide..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

dont usually do all mushy stuff but we went to hook head in wexford today and they have a music festival the first weekend in may. the r.n.l.i are doing training exercises and numerous irish singers are there. camping near the light house is allowed. you can go paint balling, go carting, laser tag in and around wexford. not really sure if this would be enough but who knows

Advertisement