Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's Your Weirdest Quirk?

• 26-03-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

After watching the Inbetweeners with my ears covered and my eyes closed as Will made a tit of himself and having to do the same at any other mortifying comedy (The Office is torture for me!), I got to wondering if anyone has any quirks as odd as mine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

no, you win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

The-Rigger wrote: »
    no, you win

Darn it, thought as much! :pac: What do I win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

a charming carriage clock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Haha I do the same thing if I'm watching anything embarrasing.

SadieSue wrote: »
    Haha I do the same thing if I'm watching anything embarrasing.

See Rigger, I'm not mental! Or maybe both me and Sadie Sue are. Not mental at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lynnmarie

When i see a lorry coming towards me i run as far away as possible, an if there's no where to run i stand there, cover my eyes and scream!..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I ****e in my pance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Millicent wrote: »
    See Rigger, I'm not mental! Or maybe both me and Sadie Sue are. Not mental at all!

No, you're just both female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I eat my own poo.

I ****e in my pance

Accidentally or for, eh, shits and giggles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I paint pictures of flowers on naked women. What do I win?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I have sex with horses. Only female ones mind you! I'm not sick or anything! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I put a towel on the toilet seat before I take a shit, it's both a comfort and hygiene thing

lynnmarie wrote: »
    When i see a lorry coming towards me i run as far away as possible, an if there's no where to run i stand there, cover my eyes and scream!..

I can only hope you don't drive! :P

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I paint pictures of flowers on naked women. What do I win?

A flowery woman. As in a woman with her "flowers". Be warned: your prize may yell at you and cry for absolutely no reason. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

For a few years while in primary school, I used to avoid walking on the cracks/lines on the footpath during my 10 min trip to the yard. No idea how it came about, or how it disappeared. I had forgotten about it completely until I watched Jack Nicholson do it in As Good As It Gets. Seeing that made me go :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I make poos in Paul's bathroom.

Fizman wrote: »
    For a few years while in primary school, I used to avoid walking on the cracks/lines on the footpath during my 10 min trip to the yard. No idea how it came about, or how it disappeared. I had forgotten about it completely until I watched Jack Nicholson do it in As Good As It Gets. Seeing that made me go :eek:

Was it cos you'd break your mother's back? 'Twas all lies, which incidentally, did not make Jesus cry either. :mad:

I can only hope you don't drive! :P

Lol no i have a driver(boyfriend)..
    he thinks it's hilarious though and will pull up beside lorries just to freak me out!..

Lol no i have a driver(boyfriend)..
    he thinks it's hilarious though and will pull up beside lorries just to freak me out!..

Evil fecker! Have they always freaked you out or is there any good reason for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Doesn't everybody avoid stepping over the cracks? Isn't it like seeing a crunchy looking leaf on the footpath and simply having to step on it?

Please tell me everybody does that.

Davidius wrote: »
    Doesn't everybody avoid stepping over the cracks? Isn't it like seeing a crunchy looking leaf on the footpath and simply having to step on it?

Please tell me everybody does that.

I still stomp through the leaves in Autumn and I'm 26.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

When I'm on the Bus or the Luas, I have to sit facing the direction of travel.

Can't bear traveling backwards with people looking at me.

Evil fecker! Have they always freaked you out or is there any good reason for it?

None that i can think of=) they just terrify me! It's like there gonna fall over on top of me or something!..
    It's not as weird as your quirk though!=P

None that i can think of=) they just terrify me! It's like there gonna fall over on top of me or something!..
    It's not as weird as your quirk though!=P

Hey, don't judge me lorry-dodger! :P

OutlawPete wrote: »
    When I'm on the Bus or the Luas, I have to sit facing the direction of travel.

Can't bear traveling backwards with people looking at me.

I hate that too except it's not because people are looking at me. It just feels weird or something. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I put a towel on the toilet seat before I take a shit, it's both a comfort and hygiene thing

No hygiene there for the poor fool who dries their hands in the same towel after you've left the bathroom!

I blush at sex scenes in movies.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A flowery woman. As in a woman with her "flowers". Be warned: your prize may yell at you and cry for absolutely no reason. :pac:

Wouldn''t be the first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Chronic masturbation syndrome. Looking at linoleum could set me off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Before a fight I say a prayer that me and my opponent will be safe, then I spend the next few minutes trying to beat the crap out of him.

I also spit into my hands, rub 'em together, crack my knuckles, stomp my feet then tie - untie and retie my belt.

I've a fat, happy buddha who's belly I rub every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

It's not really a quirk, more a......****, can't remember what they're called....anyway

People eating with their mouth open. My brother does it, but really, really loud, like he's trying to share it with everyone. Drives me insane!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What's Your Weirdest Quirk?
    I like to do the other half every five minutes!

Biggins wrote: »

That's not so much a quirk as it is a feat of human endurance! You must be boll0xed the whole time! :D

That's not so much a quirk as it is a feat of human endurance! You must be boll0xed the whole time! :D
    I blommin' am! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

ok mine is really wierd....i hate packets of things to be opened upsidedown....crisps, boxes, bags of veg anything with words on it has to be opened the correct way or i throw it in the bin. Don't know where it came from. my fiance thinks it is hilarious and will do it on purpose which makes me leave the room to calm down, now he has the young cub doin it to and she waves it in my face with an evil little laugh what you think of this mammy aaaggggh drives me insane......hopefully someday like the girl with the cracks on the pavements it will frig off....hopefully i say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sunshizzels999

It's not really a quirk but from watching too many scary movies i refuse to look in any mirrors or look out windows after it gets dark. I also try my best not to go into any bathroom....I'm deathly afraid of seeing a person pop up ! It can get quite tricky when I'm going to bed but I'm quite used to it at this stage :rolleyes: !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OP, that's not weird and that's not a quirk. Just so you know.

phasers wrote: »
    OP, that's not weird and that's not a quirk. Just so you know.

From some of the reactions here, it's definitely proven to be both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

My voice, apparently, has two settings:
    1. too quiet
    2. too loud
    :rolleyes:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Biggins wrote: »

I do the other half all the time.

Always have my hand down there .. :p

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Always have my hand down there .. :p
    May he never wa... wan... walk alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

sometimes I walk backwards as it saves time turning around. Just around the house mind you as I don't want to seem too odd.

walking towards pigeons in the street to make them fly at other people. always makes me laugh.

hm - walking behind fat people in busy streets as I hate dodging people as I walk e.g. Graften street. - you just have to get the timing right or the person will think you're following them - then switch to following the next closest fat person - it's a form of crowd surfing i guess? people always move out of the way of fat people when walking fast.

writing long winded responses on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

From some of the reactions here, it's definitely proven to be both!

I don't consider it a quirk either. Both of the comedies you mentioned, The Office in particular, rely very heavily on the viewer feeling squirmish. My mnd and stomach actually feel repulsed by the cringiness while watching The Office (U.K one mind you, the American one just doesn't seem quite as brutally painful to watch).

Peep show and Curb your Entusiasm are other shows which would would probably cause you to squirm while watching them; the people who produced these show want this to be the case.

I don't consider it a quirk either. Both of the comedies you mentioned, The Office in particular, rely very heavily on the viewer feeling squirmish. My mnd and stomach actually feel repulsed by the cringiness while watching The Office (U.K one mind you, the American one just doesn't seem quite as brutally painful to watch).

Peep show and Curb your Entusiasm are other shows which would would probably cause you to squirm while watching them; the people who produced these show want this to be the case.

I've never had a problem with Peep Show oddly enough but enough people have commented on the reaction being strange that I was starting to think it was just a quirk. So maybe not such a weird quirk after all. :) Glad to know I'm not the only one who reacts so strongly!

Chickens. Not going into any more details, but... chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I bed hop in my sleep sometimes. I don't think that could be classed as a quirk though, maybe more of some sort of weird disorder.

I do the crisp packet thing too. It has to be opened the right way up. And I put bottle caps back on top of empty beer bottles. And I have to tap my spoon three times on the side of my cup after stirring tea/coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

I can't tell left from right. I have to stop and think about it. Bloody embarrasing!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Darlughda wrote: »
    I can't tell left from right. I have to stop and think about it. Bloody embarrasing!:o

Ooh I can't either. I have to hold up my hands sometimes to figure it out.

Darlughda wrote: »

Same here. Apparently it's because our dominant eye is on the other saide from the dominant hand/foot. If you're right handed, then you're left-eyed. It's a rare and exclusive club. Welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Doop

I know some people who do this aswell, so maybe not that strange, but the volume on the tv has to be on an even number ie on 14 definitely NOT 13
    (think some people do it in 5's... the wierdos)

+1 Cracks on pavments, was mad for this when i was younger

• Advertisement
Advertisement