Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's Your Weirdest Quirk?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

When im driving and i see a plastic bottle on the road, i have to swerve the car a bit so i crush the bottle flat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Whenever i switch on a light i have to do it twice. On - off - on again.

Heres the weird thing, i didn't realize i was doing it till i was asked a few years ago as to why i did it. I was like; do what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

If I'm in the city and I go to my bus stop and there's a bus waiting there but it seems to be too crowded I will wait for the next one so I can get a window seat. Even if I really want to get home. :o

Clothing has to be put on the right side first - coat, socks, jeans, shoes etc.

The right curtain has to overlap the left one when closed.

I like all the doors in my house to be closed otherwise I think some murderer is going to jump out at me.

Oh I have plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I cannot sit down in a room when there is a press/cuphoard open. And likewise curtains. Everything needs to be shut up tight.
    And thats probably because I'm in witness protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Same here. Apparently it's because our dominant eye is on the other saide from the dominant hand/foot. If you're right handed, then you're left-eyed. It's a rare and exclusive club. Welcome!

That makes a lot of sense. My mate is right footed and left handed and took a lot of stick over left and right. Hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

when i sit down anywhere, chair, couch, on the bus or wherever, that split second where you let yourself go to fall back into the seat i make an old man noise like i have a stiff/sore back or the weight of the world on my shoulders. same thing when im getting up from sitting down. i never noticed it until mates in college pointed it out, it always gives them a giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Imelda Quirk, tits and arse is all you're interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fatflynn

when i go to the toilet and the the paper is on those holder i always fold the last sheet into an arrow pointing down and i say der at the end of sentences instead of tho as in "i dont know der instead of i dont know tho

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭karlm37

the thought of eating a burger upside down (ie meat on top, cheese, sesamee seeds etc on bottom) makes me sick! also the crisp packet thing!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I can't ever tell a story without going off on a mental tangent for a while in the middle, forgetting the story I was actually trying to tell and getting annoyed when my friends/co-workers look like I've lost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

I lock the bathroom door even when Im home alone..
    Also I have to face the door when blowdrying my hair, so nobody can stab me.. haha because in films people always get stabbed because they cant hear the person come in:ooh and I cant stare out windows into the pitch dark, in case someones staring in at me without me knowing..:rolleyes:i should stop watching those movies....

Ahhh i hate watching those cringey things, I always curl up in a ball and squeal.... the worst is when really awful singers try sing on like, x factor etc.. hilarious but SO DIFFICULT to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Biggins wrote: »
    I like to do the other half every five minutes!

You last less than five minutes, then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I put a towel on the toilet seat before I take a shit, it's both a comfort and hygiene thing

My immediate mental image involved someone sh1tting on a towel in the way of the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

I used to do that thing that lot's of Irish people do, we substitute the word yes with a sharp intake of breath (like saying yes while quickly breathing in). That's fine until you move abroad. I'd been working in a job for a while when one of the girls said "sorry but I've got to ask, do you have a breathing disorder?":o

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

Seaneh wrote: »
    I can't ever tell a story without going off on a mental tangent for a while in the middle, forgetting the story I was actually trying to tell and getting annoyed when my friends/co-workers look like I've lost them.

Reading that reminded me how I always get really sidetracked in telling a story. Such as...
    "You know what I hate? I hate....well I don't hate it it's more something that slightly annoys me but I was just thinking about it the other day how much it annoys me well not much but you know......emmmmmmm.......sorry what was I talk..OH WAIT! You know what I hate? I hate....well.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

MrSir wrote: »
    Reading that reminded me how I always get really sidetracked in telling a story. Such as...
    "You know what I hate? I hate....well I don't hate it it's more something that slightly annoys me but I was just thinking about it the other day how much it annoys me well not much but you know......emmmmmmm.......sorry what was I talk..OH WAIT! You know what I hate? I hate....well.....

Oh dear, you've just described my Dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

If someone says something quotable (don't ask me how I decide what's 'quotable' but somehow my brain always knows...) I repeat what they've just said in my head and mentally count the syllables on my fingers.

I am a freak

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i say things twice like "gonna get the papers get the papers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    My immediate mental image involved someone sh1tting on a towel in the way of the toilet.

I must have been shrooming when I posted that.. can a mod delete it please? It could ruin me!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Davidius wrote: »
    Doesn't everybody avoid stepping over the cracks? Isn't it like seeing a crunchy looking leaf on the footpath and simply having to step on it?

Please tell me everybody does that.

yu know what they say, stand in a crack you're an idiot but i never saw anyne derive satisfaction from standing on crunchy leaves like my girlfriend, never saw anyone d that before. god bless quirky people, i'm so normal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

diddledum wrote: »
    I used to do that thing that lot's of Irish people do, we substitute the word yes with a sharp intake of breath (like saying yes while quickly breathing in). That's fine until you move abroad. I'd been working in a job for a while when one of the girls said "sorry but I've got to ask, do you have a breathing disorder?":o

Awh! I do that all the time :o:o

I suck my thumb when im sleepy or sad. I can only drink tea out of a certain cup. If that cup is dirty i have to wash it, no ther cup will do!

fatflynn wrote: »
    when i go to the toilet and the the paper is on those holder i always fold the last sheet into an arrow pointing down and i say der at the end of sentences instead of tho as in "i dont know der instead of i dont know tho

i knw only 8 posts but please try punctuation.

I found a quirk! punctuation!

df1985 wrote: »
    when i sit down anywhere, chair, couch, on the bus or wherever, that split second where you let yourself go to fall back into the seat i make an old man noise like i have a stiff/sore back or the weight of the world on my shoulders. same thing when im getting up from sitting down. i never noticed it until mates in college pointed it out, it always gives them a giggle.

nothing wrong with the old man noises sir, except a friend once said:

i suppose you'll be sitting down on the toilet now to take a piss

noises justified

GaNjaHaN wrote: »

that was the image painted, moving on...nothing substantail to add here

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

diddledum wrote: »
    Oh dear, you've just described my Dad
    My Dad's like that too except he just takes ridiculously long pauses halfway through a sentance. It's frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Seaneh wrote: »

aaaand I had an onion on my belt ... which was the style at the time...

pmcmahon wrote: »

Thats an echo.

I cannot stand chalk. Touching it, writing with it, hearing someone write with it. It can almost put me on my knees.

if someone has a spot or a blackhead i cant stop staring at it and my palms get sweaty i just want to squeeze it i dont even listen to what they are sayin it just blah blah blah ... whilst i think of a cunning plan to pin them down and get rid of the spots

my quirk means i cant have anything to do with teenagers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Radio in car and tv have specific volume numbers that are allowed or else....

• Advertisement

My ears are very soft so I can fold them inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I hate the way people sway from side to side in slow-moving queues. Like in the communion line at mass. Sorry, now you're all probably going to notice. I don't do it myself, I've developed this radical new walk where I actually bend my knees like God intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

As the water cascades over my body, the water tries to drown my shower tune, as if it could hear my melody and personfies it hate,
    "I can be your hero" all with raw emotion while reenacting enrique final moments,The irony brings a chuckle which rewards you with a taste of hard water

From 3.40 on, Next time in your the shower do it along with enrique mannerisims, nobody will see you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My name is Quirk(e) so therefore I win by default. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Millicent wrote: »
    After watching the Inbetweeners with my ears covered and my eyes closed as Will made a tit of himself and having to do the same at any other mortifying comedy (The Office is torture for me!), I got to wondering if anyone has any quirks as odd as mine?

I can't watch The Office for that reason. Similarly, that Xfactor Xtra that was just on, set in dublin, I couldn't watch. I can't watch the other either come to that. Any painful embarassment stuff is uh. Painfully embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I'm the same with any talent shows like x factor. Makes me cringe so much, my stomach does be in knots. I'd rather watch horror films than that.

If I make a cup of tea or coffee, I have to use that same cup for the day. Repeatedly washing it after I have a cup and then use it again. Don't know if thats weird or not.

I also can't sleep unless the front and back door is locked and all the lights are off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I can't breathe on my food..especially cereal..when i'm eating I move my face away and do it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

pmcmahon wrote: »

What are you some kinda wiseguy?? :D

Mine is one that hasnt been mentioned here so now im worried im a bigger freak then i thought

Basically when i am thinking and a song pops into my head, i start thinking in tune to the song. Most recent one was earlier when getting a few things in the shop "i need bread and milk and cheese" to the tune of metallica enter sandman :):o

Edit
    Before a fight I say a prayer that me and my opponent will be safe, then I spend the next few minutes trying to beat the crap out of him.

I also spit into my hands, rub 'em together, crack my knuckles, stomp my feet then tie - untie and retie my belt.

I am the same when training or playing a match, i normally get dressed left to right (left sock then right sock etc) but when training or a match i dress the opposite way, then i take a ball into the showers mark a spot and HAVE to hit that spot 12 times in a row before i leave

Many a bollockin from a manager for that one :o

Advertisement