Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 5

Options
  • 26-03-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

DAy 5 of not smoking after 3 years of 15-20 a day. Going to be interesting to see how I hold up with the Friday night drinking. Havent been out this week so havent been tested properly yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It's a good move going out so soon after quitting. I think where a lot of people fall is when they avoid going out/drinking for a few weeks which makes it become a massive issue and slipping up more of an invevitablity. By going out and having a few drinks now, you're facing the challenge head on. You'll be fine. You may end up tearing a few beer mats asunder but besides from that you'll be fine.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RadiantGirl

Hi OP

I am on day 4, know what your going through. I am out on Saturday night myself, so it'll be a challenge, but if you can get passed it then you can handle anything.

I am on the patches and just wondering can you put them anywhere else on your body other than arm and chest as I don't want anyone to see the patch when im out?

Are you going cold turkey??

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Hi OP

Are you going cold turkey??

Im going cold turkey, carrying a bottle of water to keep oral fixation sorted, and keeping VERY busy in work. I have the gum for when the cravings get really bad but I've only had three pieces so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ceduffy

keep going its not easy but will be worth it best of luck

Advertisement