Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre results and what you want in the LC

Options
  • 26-03-2010 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Right heres my situation.

I need atleast 4 65%'s in higher((for the 70 points each)),1 70%((for the 75))and my two pass subjects should get me atleast 5 points for 40%.

So far I've got somwhere in the 50's for ag.sci,History and Eco.
    I've got somwhere in the 30s for maths,Irish and Bio.Havent got English back yet.

I've done litrally the most minimalist amount of study.I studied history for the first time two days before the exam and had to leave out one question as of time and Ag sci I didnt study for anywhere near the exam.Also they all took place over 1 week except Irish,The English paper where you dont need to study for and eco.

Anyway what I'm getting at is,d'ye think I should be able to get the minimum I want if I work my arse off the week we get back from our hols.

I dont have a forgein language holding me down anymore(dropped it last week).I have revision course during easter holidays and I have atleast 24 hours of school study with after school and ruing school study((Not including weekend study Im going to take up and fridays :P ))

Tbh I think I will but I'd like to hear from people that have been in my situation as a little confidence boost.Hoping to do one of two courses in UL which last year were 340 and 350 so hopfully I should get the points for the one that was 340 last year by aiming for 20-25 points more :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Got around 250 (failed two of my five higher level subjects)

want 400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I got 405, need at least 450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I have to do an economics mock yet but out of 5 subjects I got 390..:D
    I need 450 as I haven't a clue what I'm doing.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I got 165 points, though I only did 2 mocks:p Hoping for 6 biggins come August.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Lawliet wrote: »
    I got 405, need at least 450
    That's exactly the same situation with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I ended up with 430 and the course that I want was 440 last year so i'm happy :) Hoping the points I need don't sky rocket and that i'll do well enough to still get in if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Got 370
    Need at least 325
    Want 400 to be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Got 320 out of 4 subjects so far, well 380 if i include pass maths but i'm hoping i'll get more than 60 points in both of my tests still to come (both HL). I'm planning on doing Law and Accounting in UL, it was 455 last year but i'll need 500 to be safe i think

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Got 490 course was 455 last year-aiming for around 520 in the real thing now

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Got 495... need at least 550 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I gots 45 points and needs 560. Thiz posible??? :confused:

Hehe. I jest of course. I got 360-ish. I forget actually lol. Mid 300s anyway. I want to to primary teaching in Pats. So need to go up another 100 or so...hey, it's possible!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i got 380, the course i want was 425 last year, so i'm aiming for 440 if i can

hmmm, 60 points, thats 10% extra i need to get in each sucject
    do-able i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Want 600.

Didn't get 600 in the mocks.

Work to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Got 400, and still waiting to see if irish can be used instead of my lowest. (Isnt back yet). Course i want was 400 last year, but aiming for 450 to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I got i think 275
    Im aiming for 400 in June so i need 165points or so
    Do you think its possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

LovexxLife wrote: »
    I got i think 275
    Im aiming for 400 in June so i need 165points or so
    Do you think its possible?

Of course it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Got 490, so pleased with myself:D

need 520, but should be able to reach that if I can bring my maths up for B1... maybe even an A2, I got a C3 in the mocks, and my maths teacher says people can jump up about 20-25%
    really cant wait to see how the real thing goes

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Keogg wrote: »
    Got 490, so pleased with myself:D

need 520, but should be able to reach that if I can bring my maths up for B1... maybe even an A2, I got a C3 in the mocks, and my maths teacher says people can jump up about 20-25%
    really cant wait to see how the real thing goes

Must say I'm kind of jealous :P Well done :)

I got 430, need 490 min, aiming for 540.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Got 490 and need 550+, probably 570+ really - apparently very achievable, or so I'm told!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I know someone who went up by 400 points.

There is hope for us all. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

A friend of mine who used to the same grinds school as me said he got 210-2120 in is Pre's and 410 in his LC.

Gave me a huge confidence boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

Got 460 :( Hoping to go up to 530-540
    Can see myself coming back next year though!

Advertisement