Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Perth?

Options
  • 26-03-2010 1:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I have never been to Australia but was thinking of visiting a few friends of mine who are out there at the moment. Some are in Perth while a few more are in Melbourne. I was thinking of flying to Perth first and then going cross country to Melbourne and maybe Sydney and up to Cairns before coming back home. I would visit for between 4 or 6 weeks. I was thinking of maybe flying Emirates via Heathrow and Dubai or else Singapore Airlines via Heathrow and Singapore.

What seems to be the popular way (and cheapest) way of getting to Perth. I don't think I'd chance Air Asia as I am budgeting a grand for the return flight alone, and for such a long flight I'd want something half decent.

Also do anyone know about Visas, I am currently unemployed in Ireland (who isn't :mad:?) and want to blow off some steam over the summer as I may go back to school in September. Finances are not a big problem as I have no debts here or anything but presume because I am unemployed here I will not qualify for any visa free access becuase I could get the usual "He must be an illegal migrant" type of thing.

I have seen border security and they scrutinise everything, a mate of mine is also thinking of going and he is also unemployed but has a conviction for assault which means he will need a visa also, I have no criminal record so it should be a bit easier.

Are we mad or should we save our money and stay at home, I'm in my mid twenties and my mate is thirty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Royal Brunei are one of the cheapest to Perth, starting from around £610 return from London with lastminute.com. I've flown with them and they're not the worst, but not the best either.

Noteable features: they play an islamic prayer before every take off and there's no alcohol served on board.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I came over to Perth with Cathay Pacific and they were excellent and very well priced. I've also flown on an Air France/Qantas combo which was average to say the least. Singapore Airlines are meant to be reasonable as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Not sure if this will help you but Dublin to Kuala Lumpar is a cheap route with Etihad (yes, I surprised they were cheap too). From KL it's very easy to get to Oz. Melbourne might be pricey but Perth is closer so could be cheaper. Very cheap if you come in by Darwin. I'm doing that route home in a few months. Darwin to Dublin cost me around €620.

For your internal flights if you want a cheap option getting from city to city instead of going over land
    Go to either webjet.com.au or iwantthatflight.com.au
    They will give you the best prices for your flights by comparing all the airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Stinicker wrote: »
    What seems to be the popular way (and cheapest) way of getting to Perth. I don't think I'd chance Air Asia as I am budgeting a grand for the return flight alone, and for such a long flight I'd want something half decent.

Nothing wrong with Air Asia at all. I got a flight with them from KL to Melbourne and it was very good. The only thing is you pay extra for everything but the flight (luggage, meals, and movies) but it was so much cheaper then the others even taking the costs of extras into account. I'd defiantly fly them again.

Advertisement