Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I forgot to tag off my Luas Smart Card

Options
  • 26-03-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

****! I'm worried about it, what will happen? I'm in bed right now but I'm thinking of going down to the local station and tagging off. How could I be so stupid, my life is over, no one has suffered me then me over this :(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

****! I'm worried about it, what will happen? I'm in bed right now but I'm thinking of going down to the local station and tagging off. How could I be so stupid, my life is over, no one has suffered me then me over this :(

i dont know, but im assuming you'll just be charged for the maximum journey and that'll be that. Dont worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

On the bright side, you will never do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You only get charged the max one way fare, don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I have no idea what any of this means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

I have no idea what any of this means.
    Luas? I never heard a that there thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Surely if the card is that smart, it should tag itself off.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Thread moved from AHs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

jaysis, if that is all you have to worry about - you have a charmed life :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

irishbird wrote: »
    jaysis, if that is all you have to worry about - you have a charmed life :rolleyes:

OP has plenty to worry about *see previous threads started!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

irishbird wrote: »

I think the OP is worried about the financial implications behind the mistake, and not the failure ato adhere to Luas rules
    and we all worry about money ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Tags itself off after am hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Megabump! So if I tagged on in Sandford and forgot to tag off in Stephens Green I'll be charged the same anyway? Or are things different now?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thargor wrote: »
    Megabump! So if I tagged on in Sandford and forgot to tag off in Stephens Green I'll be charged the same anyway? Or are things different now?
    Is you mean Sandyford (Sandford Road is a different place), Luas will charge you the maximum fare for any Green Line trip from Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah Sandyford into Stephens Green sorry, so it was the same amount for not tagging off as it would have been if I did? How much was that out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

3 zones implies €2.13 or €2.24.

https://www.luas.ie/routes/
    https://www.luas.ie/single-and-return-tickets.html

Cash Adult €2.90
    Cash Child €1.00
    Leap Card Adult & Student Off Peak €2.13
    Leap Card Adult & Student Peak €2.24
    Leap Card Child Off Peak €0.80
    Leap Card Child Peak €0.80

• Administrators Posts: 53,835 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah Sandyford into Stephens Green sorry, so it was the same amount for not tagging off as it would have been if I did? How much was that out of interest?
    Yea if you go to the end of the line there's no real point in tagging off though most people still do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Please don't bump 7 year old threads, if you have a question and the thread is more than a year old then start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement