Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Make-Up on ebay

• 26-03-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I'm pretty p****d off at the moment. I'm fairly new to ebay and didn't research properly to know the difference between fake and genuine MAC make-up. I bought the MAC fluid line gel liner Monday, received it today. Wore it for about 2 hours or so and it had almost completely faded off my eyelid! I got a bit suspisious then because from what I'd read (from you guys) this liner does not budge. So when I got home from college I done some googling and it became pretty obvious I'd been sold a fake. I've sent a message to the seller and opened a dispute through paypal so we shall see what kind of response I get. Okay rant over. Anyone else have any experience of this? Did you get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Buyer Beware. If you want genuine items then buy from genuine suppliers. As you now know, a little research goes a long way.*

Remember folk, Boards.ie does not support or condone counterfeit goods in any way shape or form. That includes naming or linking to companies or sites where such products can be purchased. Please remember that if you are replying to this thread.

Do NOT post links.

*EDIT: Having said that I must confess to getting stung online for some fake cuban cigars. :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have only bought makeup once off ebay and it was the real thing thankfully. I had the same item at home and asked the seller lots of questions and checked the answers off the item that I had (it was a free gift that came with a purchase).

Normally, I would stick with buying directly from the shop though

My cousin has been a victim of fake make up items when she was trying to buy Pout products. She didn't have any problems getting a refund.

Advertisement