Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many penalty points do I have

• 26-03-2010 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

I have clocked up a few points over the years but im not sure how many, I dont know where or how to find out how many I have received or when some would have expired.

How do I go about finding this information?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Bring a pen & paper with you in the car at all times. Just mark it off as you go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Yawns wrote: »
    Bring a pen & paper with you in the car at all times. Just mark it off as you go :D

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I think you can contact the issuing council as they retain your licence on file?

I may be totally off the mark though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Yup, if you contact your local motor tax office they should be able to tell you. They can be cagey about giving out these details though, for obvious reasons!
    They might ask you to put it in writing or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭golfpaul

"To find out how many penalty points are on your driving licence record, contact the Road Safety Authority at 1890 41 61 41 and quote your driving licence number." from citizensinformation.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

golfpaul wrote: »
    "To find out how many penalty points are on your driving licence record, contact the Road Safety Authority at 1890 41 61 41 and quote your driving licence number." from citizensinformation.ie
    Thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

golfpaul wrote: »

if this is the case then surely this allows insurance companies to check on their clients - to see if they are telling the truth or not on the application (I have zero points by the way).

I thought there was some legal humming and hawwing a few years ago about insurance companies not being allowed to raise premiums for those on 0-4 penalty points ....isnt this a slight breach of confidential information ? given that insurance companies require a persons D-licence number !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Tefral

PCPhoto wrote: »
    if this is the case then surely this allows insurance companies to check on their clients - to see if they are telling the truth or not on the application (I have zero points by the way).

I thought there was some legal humming and hawwing a few years ago about insurance companies not being allowed to raise premiums for those on 0-4 penalty points ....isnt this a slight breach of confidential information ? given that insurance companies require a persons D-licence number !!

your supposed to ring your insurance company and tell them your after getting Pentaly Points, so i cant see why they would bother?

Advertisement