Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch

Options
  • 25-03-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

well does anyone have neighbour hood watch in their estate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Martron wrote: »

No, but I've been involved in the Blackhills Community Alert (Neighbourhood Watch for country folk) for a few years. PM me if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Martron wrote: »

Yes we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ah just wondering how i would go about raising awareness. is there a place i can get stickers or a pack or something?

its from partly of the graffiti thread and a suspicious car park outside the house for a bout an hour last night .....

i remeber a garda calling to my parents door when i was younger...... do they still do that?? ( and no the garda did not call because of me!)

Have a chat with your local Community Garda. He/she should be able to get you the relevant info.

Have a read of this for a bit more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Don know of any in Rush at the moment. There was a few and they were linked with residents assoc.

Anything to raise awareness is good. The local Gardái are fairly good. I had them in club a few times talking to juveniles and they were excellent, gave a little chat on safety issues, fireworks that type of thing. Dropped in to se the kids a week or two later which the kids and parents appreciated.

Let us know how you get on or if you start a watch in your area..

• Advertisement

well i have a few things i want to do. firstly i was going to set up a forum on heighbourhoods.ie and get the ball rolling that way. stick i letter in the door with the link to the website. then from there i would have info and a general hello to the estate.

main aim is to get the grass and what not sorted so going to get a combined effort going. then while i am at it try and get a bit of res assoc and neighbout hood watch going too.

see how it goes anywya

Split from DCN Off-Topic Thread. Worthy of a thread of its own.

HB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Split from DCN Off-Topic Thread. Worthy of a thread of its own.

HB
    You mods are really out to mess with my head. Ha ha thanks for this though thought it might be important

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Personally I'd start with a residents association and work from there. Not everyone is tech-savvy enough to use neighbours.ie. You really can't beat knocking on doors and getting to meet your neighbours.

We have an active residents association here - which has received a jolt of interest due to the recession & more people being at home during the day & having more time. Neighbourhood Watch has a part to play in that as well. If you can't identify your neighbours then how would you know if someone was breaking in or trying to get into their home? ;)

well the res assoc was really first on my list and the neighbour hood watch to follow. i was only setting up the forum as a secondary ways of getting the neighbours interested.

I know for one i hate do-gooders (:D:D) knocking on my door preaching.

The forum will mainly act as a notice board for the estate. people can come and go as they please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great spirit Martron, just what people need at this time is for people to show some leadership. Hope it all goes well.

well i only took me three years to realise no one else was doing anything ha ha. will so how long my enthusuiasm works

Advertisement