Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Speakers

• 26-03-2010 9:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Hi

New to this world of Amp and Speakers

Got me an Onkyo TXSR307 and am well impressd.

However need some speakers, got a couple 5.1 recommend but they are not cheap.

Can anyone advise on a 2.1 system (inc sub) that I could use as a good foundation and build it up.

Thanks and regards

SZ

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

What's your budget, and do you had any special requirements i.e. are you limited to space. Would floorstanders, bookshelfs or satellite speakers suit better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

<Ollie> wrote: »
    What's your budget, and do you had any special requirements i.e. are you limited to space. Would floorstanders, bookshelfs or satellite speakers suit better?

Hi

Have €300, would like small as possible something like the Jamo A102 but cant seem to get them anywhere.

Would be happy with bookshelf as a starter and then add center and rears later.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

check out Richersounds these guys have tons of help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

• Company Representative Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Szondi wrote: »
    Hi

Have €300, would like small as possible something like the Jamo A102 but cant seem to get them anywhere.

Would be happy with bookshelf as a starter and then add center and rears later.

Sz,

(Declared interest here 1st - I sell TV & HiFi)

The Jamo's appear to be out of stock pretty much everywhere - we don't expect them back into stock until early May - there are several other options that many retails will sell including The Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Pack / Onkyo SKSHTS528 5.1 pack (these are finished now but worth seeking out if you can find a pack) Tannoy SFX 5.1 pack or the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 have just received a cracking review in What - Hi-Fi - Creative also do a few packs at the lower end (and as they have an Irish base we should support 'em).

As you say though if you were happy to start with a stereo pair of bookshelves - the world really is your oyster - I think that's an excellent way to start and then build up a spanking system bit by bit.

Good luck with it,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Advertisement