Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to book an area in a pub for 30 people

Options
  • 26-03-2010 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭

I need to book a somewhere for a group of 30 people....looking for a pub that might also supply some food too. I remember Buskers doing something like that before...is there anywhere else anyone would recommend and if anyone knew of any costs that would be useful too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The Cottage in Salthill. Free room and free food as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

McSwiggins are also good for this sort of group and their spare ribs and finger food were always pretty reasonable.

add in the €3 pints ( if they are still doing that deal) and everybody will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

townhouse has a great mezz upstairs with its own bar available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Pubs are falling over themselves these days to get groups in and most will have the cop on not to charge for the use of a room and will usually throw in some finger food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Massimo's let you reserve the back, even on a saturday night and they do food for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Depends on the age bracket of the group... Is it group of auld wans or young wans :eek: :D
    But ya, plenty of choice out there.. I won't mention ant as the list would be to long. Most places will be more than happy to get the custom of 30 punters...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

was at massimos for a party down the back great area food provided. they looked after the birthday boy too. couple of cocktails.

On a similar note. I was booking a spot for a surprise birthday for my mam for 100 people. we ended up booking the harbour hotel great room food for free so hopefully the night will go well. But some places actually wanted upwards on 700 euro for a room for a party. i was shocked. Dont call us we'll call you

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

mind me asking if its for musgraves farewell do that your looking for the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Crowes on Bohermore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

blond45 wrote: »
    mind me asking if its for musgraves farewell do that your looking for the place?

No, nothing to do with musgraves!

Have had some good ideas from here.....will need to start calling around to these places asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

there's always the backroom of monroe's, they'd probably let you have that to yourself, or at least half. there's no fee i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

LowOdour wrote: »
    I need to book a somewhere for a group of 30 people....looking for a pub that might also supply some food too. I remember Buskers doing something like that before...is there anywhere else anyone would recommend and if anyone knew of any costs that would be useful too.

I was in Buskers on Saturday night. My GF's birthday party. We booked it a few weeks back. Upstairs was booked out so got three tables down the back, at the Kirwin's Lane side. The slate Room I think they call it. The only problem was there was a stag do from Cork in the same room. Every time any of the girls when to the toilets or out for a smoke they got groped or pinched at. Door man was told about it but there was over 30 guys there so he did nothing. Still they kept serving them drink. Other than that it was fine, food and drink was fine and handy for (male) smokers.

Monroes would be good as it has a room to the side of the main bar.

Advertisement