Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The cooking pit of the Mórrígan?

Options
  • 26-03-2010 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

First, so sorry if there's a better place for this question, but I figured this would be a suitable one.. (newbie here, so do try to bear with me).

But, I would like to know, where exactly in County Tipperary is the burnt mound site called "Fulacht na Mór Ríoghna". I haven't found anything about it by googling, only that it is in co. Tipperary.

I would really appreciate any information about that site. Long story, but I think I'd like to visit there next time I'm in Ireland. So, if someone knows the place, please do tell if it is worth visiting. :)

Thanks,
    maidrin rua

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hi
    your delving into celtic mythology?

I've heard of the Mórrígan ok but not of any local area.

Perhaps if you asked at the Tipperary County Museum they might have some info.

:)

slán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maidrin rua

well... delving might just be the right word. :) So, thanks for that tip and link! This is not the most important thing to solve, but when you are curious, you just can't help yourself, can you?..

Slán :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

curiosity - is what drive people to gain/seek knowledge!!

good night

little fox

:)

Advertisement