Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Light Painting Space Invaders C&C

• 26-03-2010 10:58am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

4463356796_76a54332bc.jpg

4463633192_5206f55e89.jpg

my slow attempts to get my light painting project under way, these are the stencil tests, currently making all sorts of gizmos for light, some great tutorials online

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The yellow dots on the first one and the purple box in the middle of the second one are a little distractiong, but I love them :)

I want :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Tallon wrote: »
    The yellow dots on the first one and the purple box in the middle of the second one are a little distracting, but I love them :)

I want :D

i agree with the first photo, but i dont wanna overly edit the photos too much, the second one tho, the box in the middle?

i agree with the first photo, but i dont wanna overly edit the photos too much, the second one tho, the box in the middle?

I think it's the horizon, I assume you shot this outside because it looks like trees or something. and yes, it's just mean being anal :p

I really love them, im going to try them tonight

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I think it's the horizon, I assume you shot this outside because it looks like trees or something. and yes, it's just mean being anal :p

I really love them, im going to try them tonight

yeah its a tree haha, was gonna expose a bit longer to make it look more like its outside, might do it, maybe explain a bit more, the main thing was to get the stencils sorted and getting them evenly lit, been at it for bout 2 weeks now

They really are awesome though... and I love the pirate one in the first pic :p

I had a look at that link on your flickr and it looks pretty easy / hard :)

I'm deffo gonna try it tonight.

What setup did you use?

• Advertisement

They really are awesome though... and I love the pirate one in the first pic :p

I had a look at that link on your flickr and it looks pretty easy / hard :)

I'm deffo gonna try it tonight.

What setup did you use?

gel over flash, cardboard box bout 4 foot deep, the stencil cut out and laminated to give it support, stuffed box with tissue ( if you zoom you'll see it in the stencils), ran around my garden flashing my camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Excellent, I really like these!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

these are great man. good to se you're pushing the light painting boundaries.theres so many possibilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Fantastic result

That process confuses me :pac:

Your shooting the stencil in different places, but where is the reflection on the stencil coming from? Or is that an image on the stencil?

red_ice wrote: »
    That process confuses me :pac:

Your shooting the stencil in different places, but where is the reflection on the stencil coming from? Or is that an image on the stencil?

the reflection?, i'm shooting light through a box into and out of the stencil, like a gobo basically

• Advertisement

4470959099_a60b0b99b9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

brilliant! When I seen them at first I had no clue [without reading your description] how you did it. Good job :cool:

brilliant! When I seen them at first I had no clue [without reading your description] how you did it. Good job :cool:

I still haven't a clue :confused:

Care to link to a tutorial?

4498685024_1630bc9bca.jpg

still a work in progress... getting there...slowly

4498684048_65b2b1e63b.jpg

^^ Excellent... I love that one :)

anyone any tips/advice on improving these, purchasing a wireless remote tomorrow. an interesting idea ot two would be nice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

anyone any tips/advice on improving these, purchasing a wireless remote tomorrow. an interesting idea ot two would be nice:)

In the space invaders game, the actual invaders weren't so scattered, they had a very uniform formation. Maybe try get them descending in rows, down upon some human subjects who are scared sh!tless or something. Kinda like a scene from one of those cheesy old sci-fi B movies.

gloobag wrote: »
    In the space invaders game, the actual invaders weren't so scattered, they had a very uniform formation. Maybe try get them descending in rows, down upon some human subjects who are scared sh!tless or something. Kinda like a scene from one of those cheesy old sci-fi B movies.

the idea had crossed my mind, nice and cheesy, sadly i had one other lad with me, as bulb boy. its on my 'to do list'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

They really are excellent melekalikimaka, especially the last one. They look great when you can see the scene behind them. I love the colours of the Space Invaders themselves that you are achieving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i think they're brilliant. i'm gonna steal your idea too. well not really but i will be trying this out. might drag my nephew into lookin like hes being attacked by them

longshanks wrote: »
    i think they're brilliant. i'm gonna steal your idea too. well not really but i will be trying this out. might drag my nephew into lookin like hes being attacked by them

get a remote release, it'll help greatly... i think DANBO might be making an appearance

:p

4512833234_8febf0e7f2.jpg

Advertisement